window

hoppy

I have a large window looking out onto the garden at the rear of my bungalow, with a few shrubs and small trees and leylandi hedge, so I have frequent visitors to the garden, now I dont want to frighten the wildlife away by rushing into the garden and trying to take photos of them, and I dont have equipment to set up my camera on a tripod and take remote photos, Ive tried to take the photo's through the window glass, especially when a kestrel has come into the garden with its prey, but the photos always come out blurred, no matter what I set my camera to on the dial I cant seem to get a decent photo, and Im only about 30-40 ft away from the subject, is there a special set-up for taking pictures thro a window glass so they dont come out blurred?

My cameras a Fuji Finepix E510...

cheers...hoppy :mellow:

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Set the camera at "Infinity" it should then "ignore" the glass.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have a large window looking out onto the garden at the rear of my bungalow, with a few shrubs and small trees and leylandi hedge, so I have frequent visitors to the garden, now I dont want to frighten the wildlife away by rushing into the garden and trying to take photos of them, and I dont have equipment to set up my camera on a tripod and take remote photos, Ive tried to take the photo's through the window glass, especially when a kestrel has come into the garden with its prey, but the photos always come out blurred, no matter what I set my camera to on the dial I cant seem to get a decent photo, and Im only about 30-40 ft away from the subject, is there a special set-up for taking pictures thro a window glass so they dont come out blurred?

My cameras a Fuji Finepix E510...

cheers...hoppy :mellow:

Reflection could be your main problem.

Try using a rubber hood on your lens - pressed hard up against the window pain.

The following were taken through thick glass - covered with tiny fingerprints!!

White-Tiger-CZ-4.jpg

Gorilla.jpg

The thing I really love about the above photo, is you can see me taking the photo through the window - i.e. in the eyes of the gorilla!!

This is the info for the Gorilla shot:-

Camera Model

Canon EOS 20D

Shooting Date/Time

5/12/05 10:40:07 AM

Shooting Mode

Program AE

Tv( Shutter Speed )

1/15

Av( Aperture Value )

Metering Mode

Evaluative Metering

Exposure Compensation

ISO Speed

Lens

28.0 - 200.0 mm

Focal Length

28.0 mm

Image Size

3504x2336

Image Quality

Fine

Flash

Off

Charlie

http://www.NACA.co.uk

Edited by charliebettell

Charlie Bettell - www.esox.co.uk

Professional Pike Fishing Guide

Author: 'The Art of Lure Fishing'

The thing I really love about the above photo, is you can see me taking the photo through the window - i.e. in the eyes of the gorilla!!

Charlie

Nahh..thats not true Charlie, he's got his eye on you with one thing in mind....dinner! :lol:

Nice pics BTW..;)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Im stood back away from the window about 5ft into the room, if I stood up to the window my subject would fly off, I always have my camera set at auto, with no flash in case I get reflection.

The selections are...Auto...P...S...A...M...icon for vid cam...icon moon/star...icon sportsman...icon mountains...icon human head,

those are on the selection dial on the top of the camera.

finepix E510...hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Im stood back away from the window about 5ft into the room, if I stood up to the window my subject would fly off, I always have my camera set at auto, with no flash in case I get reflection.

The selections are...Auto...P...S...A...M...icon for vid cam...icon moon/star...icon sportsman...icon mountains...icon human head,

those are on the selection dial on the top of the camera.

finepix E510...hoppy

In my opinion, your camera is focusing on the reflection in the window - causing the subject to blur.

Pull your curtains and place your camera in between them - i.e. where they meet in the middle.

Where there's a will, there's a way (!)

Charlie

thing I really love about the above photo, is you can see me taking the photo through the window - i.e. in the eyes of the gorilla!!

Great photo Charlie love it.....but you don't know your simians.

That is no Gorilla, it is clearly the librarian from the unseen university! :yeah:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Great photo Charlie love it.....but you don't know your simians.

That is no Gorilla, it is clearly the librarian from the unseen university! :yeah:

Hi Peter

On looking at the photo at home, after our day out at Colchester Zoo, I asked my wife if she could remember what the adorable looking creature was - as I had not payed attention when photographing it.

We both thought that it was a Gorilla - oops!!!

Regards

Charlie