my new baby

chesters1

now that digital is king the once out of my range camera's are within reach ,a step up from my boyhood pentax spotmatic 2 to this little (slightly younger) P30.

strangely though on getting it home i realised theres no fitting for a remote shutter release (despite having a bulb setting) nor for a remote flash ,but despite this not a bad £12 worth ,the 2 lenses came in the price (havent a clue to the pedigree of sunagor?) :yeah:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gets me up the step from a screw thread to bayonette

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nice one, Chesters! I had the P50, that was very similar but had depth of field preview. It took excellent pictures for many years before I sold it to fund a digital.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

oooh thats a long one,the p30 also has depth of field preview according to the manual ,in locating it in pdf format i was astounded that people pay for them! the www is full of download sites for free for every camera ever :thumbs:

i even found one for my strange canon cannonete with its film advance underneath the body :blink:

oooh thats a long one,the p30 also has depth of field preview according to the manual ,in locating it in pdf format i was astounded that people pay for them! the www is full of download sites for free for every camera ever :thumbs:

i even found one for my strange canon cannonete with its film advance underneath the body :blink:

My memory certainly isn't what it used to be!

There's a useful site giving all the specs of cameras from various manufacturers taking Pentax K-mount lenses at at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ultimate_k-mount.htm

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Here are my two oldies: -

pentaxA3_zenitE.jpg

The Zenit was my first camera, bought for me by my parents approx 30 years ago. It still works now, I wonder if we'll beable to say the same about these digital gizmos in 30 years.

I considered selling both of these, I have all the boxes/manuals for the Pentax, plus a standard lens & flash, but I'd probably get less than Chesters has just paid for his P30, so I think I'll put it back in the loft & see what it's worth in my twilight years - probably nothing :lol: .

Guest Finepix

Congratulations Chesters on your new arrival, may you both be very happy :D

Your desk looks very similar to mine (an mfi corner job) ...

i had the zenith supersniper (or similar words) a zenith with a gun like frame that held a 300mm lense complete with a shoulder stock ,its metal case came with lots of extras like empty film cans a screw fitting to store the basic lense screwdrivers etc filter holders a great bit of heavy engineering kit ,gave it to my daughter who has probably ruined it ,i started with the zenith with the 38mm screw fitting but traded it for the larger threaded zenit E

Your desk looks very similar to mine (an mfi corner job) ...

mines a homebase version of the same sawdust collection i expect

:)

for the collectors amoungst us (not that i am) i have a book called "Cameras 63/64" that gives the specs of long gone beasts such as the adox polo /contarex and a host of others ,i could scan anything i have for anyone interested in a particular model in the book

Edited by chesters1