Sunset / sunrise pictures

n4lly

Oh My God, these are absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!! esp Rabsters pic, (you are my hero, and your bird shots are mighty fine too, I hope someone picks that as a theme for the photo comp soon). It's a shame that these types of photos are pretty much hit and miss as to when you are lucky enough to get one that stands out. I was going to say that you should be saving them for the photo comp, but obviously you can't use these particular photos and when this topic does come up as a theme for the comp you will only have a two week window of opportunity so the chances of getting shots as nice as this would be pretty limited, so CARRY ON impressing us all. I feel more relaxed and serene just looking at this, beautiful work. :clap2:

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Severus - fish on in that last pic?

Pretty shots of the lake.

Nope. Just drag from a size 1 Dipsey Diver trolled at 2.5 mph. Do you really think I would be taking a photo if a fish was on? :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

I figured it was something like that.

Do you remember how deep you were fishing? You big lake guys tend to troll pretty far down sometimes.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

6.30am month october the nearest i have to sunrise.

Taken lynton in Devon

91714403_ef462a8014.jpg

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I figured it was something like that.

Do you remember how deep you were fishing? You big lake guys tend to troll pretty far down sometimes.

I don't, but typically I will run lures anywhere from 20 feet down to 150 feet down, depending on the thermocline and where I'm marking fish.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

A couple of pics taken in the past 12 months similar subjects diferent times on the day.

HolbrookP2.jpg

Holbrook bay taken in the evening Mid may2004, anchored up for an on board picknick with another boat out of shot.

Harwichview.jpg

View from Felixstowe Docks across the Orwell Estuary to Harwich in October 2004, mid to late afternoon, thunderous skies all day. Sorry this one not quite a sunrise/sunset but thought the 'like' subject matter of the two could be interesting?

Anyone facy a little constructive adjustment, feel welcome.

Bothe used the Canon S50

Edited by CJS2

Great shots CJ, but I particularly like the Holbrook Bay shot, plus the onboard picnic sounds great :drunk: .

Re. my earlier sunset shot, I followed Steve & Charlies advice & photoshopped the original image to get it looking something like what they achieved, then, buoyed by the kind words of praise from a few folk on here I decided to sent it to our local BBC news programme (North West Tonight) hoping they may use it for one of their weather bulletins - & flippin heck, they only did go & use it. :clap2:

Sadly, they used it on their lunchtime Regional News & Weather programme, so I missed it, but my sis-in-law was home from work having lunch when she heard my name read out, followed by a few kind words about my sunset photo :D . I, along with half the family, were sat glued to the evening news show, plus I skyplussed it, but it wasn't shown again.

So, on Thursday morning I posted that I hadn't got any decent sunset shots & by friday lunchtime I had one broadcast on regional TV. :victory::lol: How's that for beginners luck!

So, can I say a big thank-you to this forum, without which I wouldn't even have been out taking a sunset shot in the first place.

Damn shame I missed it on the telly though.

Regards

Cliff

Edited by rabster

Nice going Rabster. :D Its a good feeling to get published, shame you missed it on the telly. At least you know for sure its a little more worthy than being left in a folder on C:/ ;)

Steve... :1a:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet