Sunset / sunrise pictures

n4lly

Not really sunset yet but it did give that feeling.

Some shots Jan took with a fair-not-good digital camera a few years ago when we were fishing a tidal river. The trees are bald cypress that love to grow feet-wet but often don't survive the after-effects of a hurricane and the resulting salt water that is pushed up river and the gunk that is washed from the surrounding swamp area.

tree2.jpg

tree1.jpg

tree3.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It looks like that one was dieing as you where photographing it.. :yahoo:

Have to admit the 1st of the 3 is my favorite. The camera was a small point and shoot but I still managed to get a few good shots off. The trees do appear to die quickly when they go - don't they???? :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

i cant post any ,the file opened in psp7 is 35mb as soon as i try making the pic smaller it loses all the fine detail and shades of colour :(

strangely unopened the pic is 4.8mb :huh:

making them less than the 100k makes them look like crap :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Anyone who's been paying attention will have seen these already, they are fairly recent, but there may be some who've not seen them and so I might as well include them here.

1529crop17is.jpg

r17ql.jpg

i cant post any ,the file opened in psp7 is 35mb as soon as i try making the pic smaller it loses all the fine detail and shades of colour :(

strangely unopened the pic is 4.8mb :huh:

How come your pictures are so big in the first place chesters? I seem to remember you've had this problem before.

Even at roughly 2000 X1500 pixels mine only come out of the camera at about 2000kb maximum. So what's different?

mine are 4048 x 3040

opened their 56" x 42" at 72dpi

even CS says their 35.2mb files :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Try the following in CS Chesters

1. Open the pic, then go to Image/Image Size and in the box that opens change the largeest dimension of the two top boxes to "700", make sure the 3 tickboxes at the bottom of this have their ticks in there and click okay.

2. Click File/Save As and in the new box that opens enter a name for the file lets say "test" and in the format dropdown choose "jpeg" and then click OK.

3. A Jpeg options box will open up with a slider in the middle, move this to the left and watch your file size drop at the bottom of the box, when its down to approx 120kb hit OK, use photobucket to upload the shot too and let us see it.

Alternatively you can zip up the unopened file and upload that to a webspace so we can play with it and see if we can find out whats happening for you.

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet