Fish theft, again.

Peter Waller

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these new laws actually get passed I wonder if the EA will do much about them.

They may even check a few licences whilst enforcing the law :rolleyes:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

i saw someone of dusky hue walking towards a pond yesterday ,should i phone ,darn its our fault our signs are in english only DOH :o

i can see the defence

Brief " my clients defence M'lud is that a sign was there but written in english instead of outer mongolian which my client can read,had it been in mongolian then my client would have known about the rules"

M"lud "hmmm yes its the fisheries fault for NOT displaying a sign intelligable to the defendant , i fine the fishery £3,000 for not displaying the sign plus £50,000 for the stress caused to the defendant in these preceedings" ;)

Next Case

Brief "my clients defence M'lud is that a sign was there but written in english instead of Hebrew etc etc" :wallbash:

theres no need for new laws theft is theft but river fish are wild and if stolen who from :headhurt:

i can see the day when venues are filled with concrete to bolt a sign big enough to put "No fish pinching" in the many thousand dialects in use on earth,human rights lawyers no doupt would object if a few were missing and close it anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Peter, Still awaiting your PM mate!

Serious question for you Peter, and may I state that I have no desire to alienate the Piking fraternity or cause arguments , but I would value your opinions ,largely because you are a very experienced Broadsman and Predator angler, here goes;

Peter, Do you believe Pike/Predator anglers are responsible either directly (stealing fish for dead/live baits in large quantities, or indirectly ( purchasing unmarked deadbaits from local shops to use on our rivers and Broads?

Many thanks in advance, and it goes without saying I would value anyone else's input too.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

if it wasent "foreigners" why would people go to the expense of posting signs in foreign :rolleyes:

english speakers are covered by existing signs ,theres obviasly a high % of non english speakers breaking the rules to justify the cost of them,mind you i'm not implying because their in a language they understand they'l be followed just as english speakers ignore signs in english

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Because its very easy to make assumptions and blame people without a strong voice .....

how do they know what language to write the poster in if they didnt know who would be effected by them :rolleyes:

i havent a clue what languages are used in the posters so i assume a great/er number of people using that language have been interveiwed breaking the rules they couldnt read in english and as such a poster with their language was made ,otherwise every language on earth would need to be used on the sign if it were a couple of foreigners being "seen" breaking the rules :wallbash:

In all seriousnes, Bob, I do not think that pike anglers are responsible. There are those, Webster included, who appear, in my honest opinion, to have a paranoia about pikers and pike.

Go into any tackle shop in the land and have a look in the freezer, and ask the proprietor what they sell most of. I think that your answer will be there.

Re your p.m., Bob. The BASG is a body of invited anglers who have been chosen to represent angling directly to both the Broads Authority and the Environment Agency at the Agency offices in Thorpe Road. We meet reguarly with relevant folk from both bodies. I then represent angling's interests at the Broads Authority.

I have no doubt that this latest piece in the EDP will be brought up at the next meeting. Unfortunately Webster is not universally respected within the BASG. Nevertheless I will insist that it is discussed with the EA, rest assured.

Members of BASG are such as Dave Batten, Chris Turnbull, Martin Page, Dennis Willis, Tommy Boulton plus other worthies.

Edited by Peter Waller

i saw someone of dusky hue walking towards a pond yesterday ,should i phone ,darn its our fault our signs are in english only DOH :o

]

:nono:

I think, Rabbit, that you should regard Chester's obviously tongue in cheek comments as political satire. Reading between the lines I have to admit that I see a relevant social comment about the farcical state that this once fine country of ours has allowed itself to be drawn into.