Fish theft, again.

Peter Waller

but your not talking about 4 fish sold for 4 years work ,a bod with a pond and a net could make a fine living at £1.25 for 4 infact a very good living if he paid peanuts or was paid to thin out other ponds small roach population ;)

our supplier doesent grow all his fish the majority come from other ponds! he pay's X he charges XX ,he grows large premium fish for XXXX in his ponds

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob has it never occured to you that the fish supplied to the bait trade by farmers are the ones which have died and therefore value less for any thing else?

How ever I do think there are some unscrupulous people involved in the supply of fish to the bait suppliers as there are in all areas of the fish trade,live or dead.

I think the real issue though is that the comparatively small amount of fish supplied to the bait dealers be they kosha or not or the amount of fish killed by pikers as bait is but a drop in the ocean.Any reduction in the fish stocks (if in fact there is any) in your area will be down to other reasons.All the time you are directing your efforts into blaming pike anglers taking fish for bait or illegal netsmen supplying the bait industry you are not addressing the real issues (if of course there are any).

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

maybe the unmarked (but still legally sought and sold) are cheaper than the premium brand name versions and maybe more profit to the tackle shop ,the same applies for all tackle theres cheap and unbranded (well not in such a way as the known reels) and theres the known reals at double the price for basically the identicle article ,it matters less with bait because their "life" is limited,you can choose to buy blast frozen or just frozen all your doing is chucking it in a lake not using it for years.

i'm not implying it dosent go one but rather than the bulky equiptment needed to transport thousands of stolen fish away from the scene of crime i suspect netting pond illegally for large fish easily hidden in converted car boots and sold at breathtaking prices far more lucrative

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

then its probably better to get photo's of the crimes than arguing with us on here ,if your the eyes and ears then your in a better position to stop it than non broads living persons ,if it goes on i believe you but to stop it more than words is needed ,maybe setting up a "broads neihgbourhood watch" would be better than telling us to stop buying unbranded baits.if low price meant "stolen " then most dairy farmers would be in the courts the price of milk in outlay verses income is rather less than unbranded fish legal or not

Edited by chesters1

The price that you have mentioned Bob of about £2:50 for a pack of four roach is roughly the same price up and down the country. It's what I pay up here in Cleveland ,just south of Middlesbrough and although the Tees has a massive head of roach and bream in it there is noone netting it to sell frozen baits for pikers.

Pike baits must be sent all over the country from various distribution points and all at around about the same wholesale prices, some even reach the wildest parts of Redcar so I can buy them, they even come in branded and sometimes unbranded blast frozen packets. I can even buy blast frozen sardines at £1:75 a packet with 14 baits in a bag, so the obvious thing is in how cheap baits must be when they arrive at the bait packers.

Now if you can come up with anything that points in the direction of illegal baits then I know for a fact that both the PAC and the SAA and FACT will do all they can to assist you in stopping this practice and bring prosecutions against those involved, what's needed though is some proof and not just idle conjecture

Bob its pointless discussing this with you as when you are given the facts you ask for you refuse to acept them.The fish scales and piscavour thing being a prime example despite at least two qualified people trying to tell you.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

perhaps finding the supplier of the unbranded baits to the tackle shop then backtracking would find the freezing company and somehow comparing their output to "legally" bought bait fish bought from legal sources ,it a case of detective work i'm afraid and perhaps a few retired but concerned anglers to stake the place out taking car reg numbers and binoculars etc ,to some older retired people it would be very stimulating and could lenghten their lifespan if they had a reason to get out and about .

Edited by chesters1