Formatting hard drive.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Well my hard drive picked up an illness and I lost windows due to the bios anti-virus kicking in.

Anyhow I'm having to reinstall XP Pro.

Formatting the drive is taking ages and ages, 90 mins and only 9%, is this normal?

Cheers.

Nope.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Depends on how big the hardrive is,and wheather or not you are doing a low level format

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Guest sandpipper

You should think yourself lucky that its formating at all im trying to format a hard drive that the computer cant find, im getting to stage of having to take it to a shop to get done

Guest Ferret1959

Sorted, took a couple of attempts but ok now.

Got XP installed eventually so now I got a pc with bugger all on it.

Gigs n gigs of stuff gone for ever.

Saved all my photos but music, movies and God knows how much software all down the drain.

Got a portable hd for backing EVERYTHING up now. :)

Thanks folks.

Sandpipper, have a word with Chesters1, he sorted the same prob you got for me. :)