________ fisheries

marmiteboy

just thought the blank was commercial or other swear word! :schmoll:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halibut Boilie or 21mm pellet should be a good start.

It will catch the carp and the cats.

When it gets warm don't be shy with bait in the margins on the long lake it can be devastating.

Pole fishing works well at ________ as do ________s baits

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Marmite - which lake are you planning to fish and what are you planning to fish for ?

IF it's the long lake day ticket, they have responded to halibut over a bed of pellets in the past and like I said can be taken a few inches from the bank.

Solars squid and octapus has been good as well.

Try casting over to the reed areas at each end then walk round to your cast spot and pile some pellets in.

Both the ends have produced fish for me in the past and would be my 1st choice swims.

You could use traditional cat methods as well if thats what your after ... longer braided hook lenghs, BIG hooks and something like salmon as hook bait but be aware there's some big buggers in there and they will fight very hard if you get into them so tackle will need to reflect this.

Marmite - which lake are you planning to fish and what are you planning to fish for ?

IF it's the long lake day ticket, they have responded to halibut over a bed of pellets in the past and like I said can be taken a few inches from the bank.

Solars squid and octapus has been good as well.

Try casting over to the reed areas at each end then walk round to your cast spot and pile some pellets in.

Both the ends have produced fish for me in the past and would be my 1st choice swims.

You could use traditional cat methods as well if thats what your after ... longer braided hook lenghs, BIG hooks and something like salmon as hook bait but be aware there's some big buggers in there and they will fight very hard if you get into them so tackle will need to reflect this.

Mald - not being funny but isnt it better to bait the area near the reeds THEN cast to them?

I have seen many anglers including sea, carp and coarse have their gear dragged in when they have left it.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Your right offcourse but to be honest I cheat.

I fish with a friend and do the baiting between us so the rods are never actually left un-attended.

It is the longlake i am planning on fishing.Do any other anglers have any other tips for me hoping to catch a cat and a carp.Also whats the average catfish size in the longlake and what time of the day do they get caught.Is it as good as it looks.

Edited by marmiteboy

It is the longlake i am planning on fishing.Do any other anglers have any other tips for me hoping to catch a cat and a carp.Also whats the average catfish size in the longlake and what time of the day do they get caught.Is it as good as it looks.

Marm - I think its better than it looks.The cats go from around 10lb up to 40+ I have no idea on the carp as I dont fish for them.

Drilled 22mm halibut pellets soaked in Salmon oil usually works for me - 3 on a hair rig size 0/1 or 0/2 hooks. I use 45lb ESP shockleader braid or 85lb ton up and have been bitten though when ive used 60lb mono.

Fish against the reed beds or mid water over a bed of pellets, it tends to be a bit shallow up against the islands.

Ive caught cats there all times of the day from early morning right up to middle of the night (or rather my son caught them in the middle of the night) so its well worth a couple of days fishing.

:thumbs:

Marm - I think its better than it looks.The cats go from around 10lb up to 40+ I have no idea on the carp as I dont fish for them.

Drilled 22mm halibut pellets soaked in Salmon oil usually works for me - 3 on a hair rig size 0/1 or 0/2 hooks. I use 45lb ESP shockleader braid or 85lb ton up and have been bitten though when ive used 60lb mono.

Fish against the reed beds or mid water over a bed of pellets, it tends to be a bit shallow up against the islands.

Ive caught cats there all times of the day from early morning right up to middle of the night (or rather my son caught them in the middle of the night) so its well worth a couple of days fishing.

:thumbs:

thanks for the tips have anymore anglers who have fished the longlake give me any more info