Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

For the record, ladies and gentlemen, lest it be somehow hijacked...

http://tinyurl.com/azdnr

[The above "baloney" discovered a little earlier, shortly after getting back from a very pleasant day's roach, dace and chub fishing spent in good company.]

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just learned that the "baloney" I responded to on Fishing Magic

http://tinyurl.com/azdnr

was from a piece in the Independent newspaper written by angling journo, Keith Elliott.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/general/article341681.ece

The press, eh? The Dangling Times yesterday, the Indie today, our pastime tomorrow...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

I read a review of that book here once :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

don't i remember that just a few weeks ago you were posting links to your old mates website? when that book got a favourable mention? :)

oh and paul, i fished a bit in the DCR too, can't quite remember where now, was part of a filming trip about gorilla conservation, i wasn't quite as intrepid as you though, the dug outs the locals were using scared me a bit too much to relax in them :)

Edited by jeepster

don't i remember that just a few weeks ago you were posting links to your old mates website? when that book got a favourable mention? :)

oh and paul, i fished a bit in the DCR too, can't quite remember where now, was part of a filming trip about gorilla conservation, i wasn't quite as intrepid as you though, the dug outs the locals were using scared me a bit too much to relax in them :)

You clearly must be a tad delusional, jeep. Links to my old mate's website? What website? (Don't bother, I generate my own laughs.)

As for the Congo...

Well, look at this way, fishing-wise, then decide if you would decently want to effing Angle there - you know, with faffing little rods and lines (sponsored, naturally)...

Four million dead in the region in recent years from civil war.

Estimated 20,000 women and children dying every month - STILL - from its fall-out (I can access the recent World Health Org. report, courtesy of the BBC, if you like).

And a few media 'heroes' and, er, "Anglers", NOW, want to build their reputations and some future fat-arse incomes on effing fishing there...?

Get real.

Edited by Paul Boote

not sure what the civil war has to do with anything, and do you mean the congo, or the DCR? two very different places.

i fished there as i was there anyway, to not to have taken advantage of it would have been a crime :)

i'd certainly like to 'get real' is there a course i can go on?

not sure what the civil war has to do with anything, and do you mean the congo, or the DCR? two very different places.

i fished there as i was there anyway, to not to have taken advantage of it would have been a crime :)

i'd certainly like to 'get real' is there a course i can go on?

Both sides, Brazzaville and Kinshasa; both total horrors. One might be a little less SoCal High School Cheerleader "E-u-u-w-w-w", but decently fishing for sport...?

A course?

Well...

Think of the future.

Stop flying everywhere for five-pence-ha'penny.

Drive a car that does more miles to the gal. than, say, a Jeep.

Go fishing locally (use cheap bread at all times, if not cheap tackle).

A few pointers, then (but watch out for the rogue one that catches you, belatedly, unexpectedly, deep in the self-important arse...).

Edited by Paul Boote

dam i just typed out a massive one and its just gone!

boll**ks!

fishing over the line!