Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

Oh and I might add it rankles a little hearing the protestations from those people that feel compelled to denounce everyone elses oversized 'carbon footprint', now that they've grown tired of stamping their own boot marks all over the world.

I think you'll find that's 'Boote'marks ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, I'm finding all this rather disturbing. I don't doubt that you were the one who conceived the trips, but my understanding is that you and Jeremy wrote alternate chapters. Are you telling us that the proceeds weren't split on a 50/50 basis? If not, why not?

A slight matter of slow payment, then non-payment, then a major British sporting bookseller who simply would not do business with yours truly (i.e. pay the man who had conceived and initiated the project, and who had, it quickly appeared, rather had said project and its proceeds taken from him), indeed the entire the British fishing world suddenly badly badly 'off' PB and no longer speaking to him. It began very shortly after publication of 'Crazy River and the very complimentary comments in fishing magazine and national newspaper reviews about the quality of my writing, then continued to the present day. Nothing I said or did, to anyone, I assure you.

There is something deeply nasty going on vis-a-vis the Paul Boote name and reputation at present - like here, for example -

http://www.flyforums.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=334

Someone we all know, I am inclined to believe.

As I said, deeply deeply nasty.

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Your only reputation is self proclaimed though Paul, and you really don't do yourself any favours, I'm not surprised no one will touch you with a bargepole these days, your ego takes up so much room there's precious little room for anyone else!

I think you'll find that's 'Boote'marks ;)

Damn! Another year at school and I might have had the wit to add that blinkin 'E' too Jeep. :D

(sigh) Life's just a never ending series of missed opportunities. As I said to a bright eyed youngster at work only the other day:

'You think life is just one big bowl of cherries..... well it aint! It's a pot full of pips and stalks!' :schmoll:

Ease up chaps. You two are becoming the Tom n Jerry of AN. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

I know Paul loves me winding him up, it brings some sunshine into his otherwise joyless days, eh Paul ;)

I've never met Paul, or read/watched anything he's done, my opinion of him is solely based on his posts on AN before anyone thinks there's any ulterior motive or historical animosity behind my digs :)

I've just read a few of the links from Pauls post, and see he peddles the same whining nostalgic self aggrandising tosh all over the internet.

Edited by jeepster

There is something deeply nasty going on vis-a-vis the Paul Boote name and reputation at present - like here, for example -

http://www.flyforums.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=334

Someone we all know, I am inclined to believe.

As I said, deeply deeply nasty.

Not sure if i want to get too involved in all this.

From one angler at least thanx for your part in SDTCR, and thanx for your input into Casting for Gold. Both utterly enthralling, and the inspiration behind my love affair with mahseer fishing.

If you ever feel like doing another joint project bear me in mind (promise not to rip you off!)

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Oh well Paul,

At least there is one thing that seems to be true.

You don't have to post on here to get insulted, seems you can get that everywhere :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Oh well Paul,

At least there is one thing that seems to be true.

You don't have to post on here to get insulted, seems you can get that everywhere :blink:

Indeed. And one wonders why.

Earlier this afternoon, before I came back here and discovered all this stuff, I was walking a southern river, looking for barbel. I found them eventually, and was very soon joined by a man I hadn't met before who had clearly found them too. He had some bait with him, so in it went, and out came even more barbel. We chatted together wonderfully for almost an hour, exchanging barbel and fishing talk about lots of southern rivers, discovering that we knew some of the same people, watching the rooting, hoovering barbel and dashing, interloper chub all the time. A lovely hour. Then I returned to this...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Indeed. And one wonders why.

Take advice from this poster and stick to it then matey

"Time, I think, to leave you fellas.

I am a member, by the way, of lots (well, a number) of deserving angling orgs, under a different name (I value my privacy). Best that I stay that way, now, still, obviously. Maybe meet a few of you (as I do) anonymously, in the spirit of the sport and under our appalling British weather, on the riverbank. Tightlines to you all. Don't let the Predators get you."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I just wish some people would agree to put other people on their ignor list and vice versa. This is getting soooooo tedious.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.