Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

Well I for one hope Paul does return. I know some of his banter is a bit far out and I know he does think highly of himself(although I feel this is a bit tongue in cheek) BUT he does have a very wide knowledge of fishing and often posts some very good stuff.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Some of the 11:30 at night posts are a bit strange but when the subject is a bit of banter or fishing instead of sniping and countersniping it's often entertaining or informative.

Like I said before: There is an ignor user option. Use it.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Jeepster was correct in one thing he said about me here the other day, though: I do have a very strong sense of self - I know just who I am, what I like and dislike, what I will lay my life on the line to defend (not to defend myself, but to defend other people who find themselves being forced to accept the "fuzzy end of life's lollypop"), to defend an important principle, to defend the truth). Never confuse a "very strong sense of self" with Ego, however; they are very different things.

PB

We'll have to agree to disagree about the semantics of strong sense of self Vs ego, but Paul, I do actually admire you for being so straight down the line about yourself, who knows, you may even be right :) I have a feeling that if we met, we might even get on, as long as you didn't bang on about your girlfriends ;)

Angling (and indeed the world) needs strong characters, and you're certainly that, AN and the world would be a worse place without you, carrying on posting, carry on giving me gip when i give you gip and let the world carry on revolving as normal.

Andy Youngs, no real offence was taken by your posts, and I hope you carry on posting here........

Tigger........... words (for once) fail me, surely you can do better than that............. Once you're in the public eye, you're fair game for any green eyed misanthrope........ (I'm sure you would agree with that actually Paul ;))

Andy Youngs, no real offence was taken by your posts, and I hope you carry on posting here........

Thanks Jeep. Suggest that the brotherhood of the angle now moves forward with a :)

Of course, it appears that messrs Boote & Wade still have a few issues to resolve but I guess that's none of our business (thank god)

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Guest tigger
Tigger........... words (for once) fail me, surely you can do better than that............. Once you're in the public eye, you're fair game for any green eyed misanthrope........ (I'm sure you would agree with that actually Paul ;))

Sorry if I upset you Fatty :)