Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oi oi

WOW paul calm down man, or ya ganny burst a blood vesal :2: wasa marra wi ya man.

tack it easy bonnie lad ya ganna giy ya sel a nuvas break doon sort ya sel oot,

:wallbash::wallbash::thumbs:

Bill

Nice try at Geordie for a Brummie, have you been taking lessons since you moved up there?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I haven't got a copy of Paul and jeremy's "Somewhere Down the Crazy River" in stock. Every time I get one it sells immediately!

It's not just a fishing book, it's almost an adventure story that even non-anglers enjoy. It's certainly one of the few books that I can re-read umpteen times.

Can I please ask that one of you does a review, both for Classic Fishing Books and Anglers Net?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

ICan I please ask that one of you does a review, both for Classic Fishing Books and Anglers Net?

Hasn't Chris Plumb already done one?

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/bookreview/ar..._04_9_5025.html

...or do you want Jeeps to do one? :bigemo_harabe_net-165:

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

No doubt Paul has fallen out with Robbie Robertson too, <_< but here's his offering for what it's worth

Yeah, I can see it now

The distant red neon shivered in the heat

I was feeling like a stranger in a strange land

You know where people play games with the night

God, it was too hot to sleep

I followed the sound of a jukebox coming from up the levee

All of a sudden I could hear somebody whistling

Fromright behind me

I turned around and she said

"Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"

I said "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed me this way."

She said "Hang the rich."

Catch the blue train

To places never been before

Look for me

Somewhere down the crazy river

Catch the blue train

All the way to Kokomo

You can find me

Take a picture of this

The fields are empty, abandoned '59 Chevy

Laying in the back seat listening to Little Willie John

Yea, that's when time stood still

You know, I think I'm gonna go down to Madam X

And let her read my mind

She said "That Voodoo stuff don't do nothing for me."

I'm a man with a clear destination

I'm a man with a broad imagination

You fog the mind, you stir the soul

I can't find, ... no control

Catch the blue train

To places never been before

Look for me

Catch the blue train

All the way to Kokomo

You can find me

Wait, did you hear that

Oh this is sure stirring up some ghosts for me

She said "There's one thing you've got to learn

Is not to be afraid of it."

I said "No, I like it, I like it, it's good."

She said "You like it now

But you'll learn to love it later."

I been spellbound - falling in trances

I been spellbound - falling in trances

You give me shivers - chills and fever

I been spellbound - somewhere down the crazy river

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Hasn't Chris Plumb already done one?

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/bookreview/ar..._04_9_5025.html

...or do you want Jeeps to do one? :bigemo_harabe_net-165:

:oops: It's already on my site as well. I must be getting even more senile! Sorry, Chris!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

No doubt Paul has fallen out with Robbie Robertson too, <_< but here's his offering for what it's worth

is it true that paul wrote alternate verses of that song?

Yeah, I can see it now

30 second clip of the intro and first couple of lines here.

Never heard that before, but it sounds like my kind of record. I think I might buy the album.

• 4 months later...
For the record, ladies and gentlemen, lest it be somehow hijacked...

http://tinyurl.com/azdnr

[The above "baloney" discovered a little earlier, shortly after getting back from a very pleasant day's roach, dace and chub fishing spent in good company.]

Paul, I'm finding all this rather disturbing. I don't doubt that you were the one who conceived the trips, but my understanding is that you and Jeremy wrote alternate chapters. Are you telling us that the proceeds weren't split on a 50/50 basis? If not, why not?

As far as the man-eating goonch is concerned, I was in the region earlier this year, and the local's in the village are absolutely adamant that a monstrous goonch has taken a small boy and a buffalo. Of course, it's quite likely that the whole thing is a 'loch ness monster' type hoax, but where's the harm in that? The river in question (a large snow-fed of similar proportions to the Ganges) is certainly big enough to hide any number of unknown creatures in it's murky depths. I'm not saying I believe it, but I certainly don't disbelieve it either.

I've never met Jeremy Wade face to face, but we've spoken on the phone several times and he's always come across as a real gentleman. If you're feeling short-changed over something that happened 15 years ago, I don't understand why you can't make contact and try to sort it out - you obviously got along well enough once, and as one of the other contributors pointed out, life's too short .....

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

I'd truly love to know what on earth this thread is about, I honestly would. (Any room in that tractor Pedro?)

I think I've got the bit where Paul has a gripe about his ex bud Jeremy Wade. (Though why he has still manages to elude me.)

I promise I'm not looking to offend, and I know I'm going to regret this, but hey....c'et la vie.

Why is it Paul that you are so hell bent on this 'quasi-bohemian-at loggerheads with the world' style of posting? It's bloody infuriating! I want to know what you think about an issue, not get left wondering if I somehow missed a couple of years at school. I've noticed that the only time you drop this platoesque style of posting, is when you've got the right royal ump over something someone's posted. If you've written a book, that just about every angler I know has read and rates as an all time classic, then surely you must be able to converse like the rest of us? :blink:

There.... I've said it... (Again... why don't I just learn to sit on my mitts??) Now you can lambast me in a language I can't understand.

Oh and I might add it rankles a little hearing the protestations from those people that feel compelled to denounce everyone elses oversized 'carbon footprint', now that they've grown tired of stamping their own boot marks all over the world.

..... cheap bread?? All that'll fetch you in the fens is a scruffy duck or two! :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'