Eventually, a man just HAS to respond

Paul Boote

NO WAY JEEPSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ain't havin the babies unless i get the sex as well :(

Aunty Jan....i'm back to normal now.....nice short 13hr shifts for the next 3 nights :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you just explain to this slightly confused bystander why it is that you join on the 1st June and with your second posting resurrect a 6 month old topic which causes one member to want to leave?

Is there not enough happening currently to keep you amused or are you on some sort of witch hunt or is it just pure coincidence?

You got me confused now, who wants to leave? As for resurrecting a 6 month old topic, there's obviously an apettite for it otherwise we wouldn't still be woffling on about it. Seems to me that certain people are quite happy to dish out the flack as long as they don't have to take any back ...

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

You got me confused now, who wants to leave?

Post #61

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You got me confused now, who wants to leave? As for resurrecting a 6 month old topic, there's obviously an apettite for it otherwise we wouldn't still be woffling on about it. Seems to me that certain people are quite happy to dish out the flack as long as they don't have to take any back ...

I'll take anything anyone wants to dish my way, a few of my 5000 odd posts confirm that :)

Is it worth mentioning that this thread is called 'Eventually, a man just HAS to respond' but in typical Boote fashion, when the responses to his response aren't what he wants, he takes his ball home?

Edited by jeepster

And what are you doing posting messages like the above, other than 'winding people up who you know nothing about' take your own advice is the only advice I can give

jeepster, sorry i was out of line back there. I was in an emotional frame of mind but its no excuse for calling someone a 'sad git' - im sure its not true and i apologise.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

As for resurrecting a 6 month old topic, there's obviously an apettite for it otherwise we wouldn't still be woffling on about it.

We weren't waffling on with the topic, it had been discarded back in January, you brought it back, and I'm still curious as to why, but it appears you don't want to answer that.

We weren't waffling on with the topic, it had been discarded back in January, you brought it back, and I'm still curious as to why, but it appears you don't want to answer that.

Ayjay, on the contrary, the answer is quite simple. I joined June 1 and found an interesting thread in which Paul Boote levelled criticism at his one time partner and collaborator, Jeremy Wade. At no point had anyone asked him to clarify why, so I did (albeit 5 months after the event). Paul responded promptly, effectively alleging that he had been conned out of his share of the proceeds from 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River', and that elements of this forum and the angling community at large were conspiring against him. To quote : "there's something deeply nasty going on vis-a-vis the Paul Boote name and reputation at present ... deeply, deeply nasty". He then expressed a desire to leave anglers net.

At this point I got a bit upset and had a go at Jeepster, who appears to have been taking pot shots at Paul for some time now. Jeepster defended his stance by calling Paul an "egotistical ****" and claiming that many other members of the forum agreed with him.

I then started to tire of the whole sorry business and apologised to Jeepster for calling him a "sad git".

Confused? I'm not surprised .... so am I.

Ayjay, on the contrary, the answer is quite simple. I joined June 1 and found an interesting thread in which Paul Boote levelled criticism at his one time partner and collaborator, Jeremy Wade. At no point had anyone asked him to clarify why, so I did (albeit 5 months after the event). Paul responded promptly, effectively alleging that he had been conned out of his share of the proceeds from 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River', and that elements of this forum and the angling community at large were conspiring against him. To quote : "there's something deeply nasty going on vis-a-vis the Paul Boote name and reputation at present ... deeply, deeply nasty". He then expressed a desire to leave anglers net.

At this point I got a bit upset and had a go at Jeepster, who appears to have been taking pot shots at Paul for some time now. Jeepster defended his stance by calling Paul an "egotistical ****" and claiming that many other members of the forum agreed with him.

I then started to tire of the whole sorry business and apologised to Jeepster for calling him a "sad git".

Confused? I'm not surprised .... so am I.

Back here, just briefly, to answer the "conspiracy charge" above (a common charge, this one, in recent years, for me - just part of the endlessly aired, drugged-up, drunken, paranoid, incomprehensible, ego-maniacal Paul Boote charge that continues to go the Internet rounds).

I have never been one for Conspiracy Theory, myself, though, it being the province of mostly sad sorts with over-worked imaginations, and of the Hard of Thinking (or both). However, when certain Internet Angling and real-world Angling Community responses (let's call them "stuff that goes down") vis-a-vis yours truly began to appear to be predictable (by said yours truly and by some of my long-time, on-looker, non-Angling pals), lots and lots 'coincidences' over a period of fifteen years can start to look like something suspiciously like conspiracy.

But I don't a care a jot. If this is what some 'Anglers' now feel that they have to make of me - for personal, political, financial reasons, for whatever reason - it is entirely their problem, not mine.

Jeepster was correct in one thing he said about me here the other day, though: I do have a very strong sense of self - I know just who I am, what I like and dislike, what I will lay my life on the line to defend (not to defend myself, but to defend other people who find themselves being forced to accept the "fuzzy end of life's lollypop"), to defend an important principle, to defend the truth). Never confuse a "very strong sense of self" with Ego, however; they are very different things.

Something David Bailey, the famous 1960s photographer, said in interview on BBC Radio 4 the other week: "Nah, I don't take myself seriously. [winning D.B. cackle] But I do take what I do very seriously."

I nodded when I heard Bailey say this, and muttered: "Yes, that's me."

So, "some" of you, continue your P.B. trashing, public or otherwise, at will, with my blessing - you will have no comeback from me; I will do nothing to stop you. When the record of the present Angling era eventually gets around to being written by one of the designated "victors", he should bear in mind this, however: my extensive and exhaustive personal papers, notebooks, diaries, travel diaries, correspondence, Internet folders and files relating to Angling, Angling Travel, the various doings of personalities and celebs and powerful no-names, individuals and companies, the many and tortuous ins and outs and ups and downs of everything to do with Angling, both here and abroad, in the years 1990 to 2006, which I have recently placed into the hands of a non-angling-related trust, will appear and be published in some form after my death. They will make compelling reading, I promise.

Have a good season, ladies and gentleman. I am looking forward to good un, and good few more to come.

ATB

PB

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Good luck to you Paul, I have not read your book or (no offence intended) heard of you, but I have read this thread in it's entirety and can see a nasty ,malicious, sad individual at work..... it does not make good or entertaining reading and is not even informative, I can only conclude, misery loves company and this forum is his only companion,

Regards and tight lines ,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Guest tigger
oh and tigger, i saw you on the telly the other day, or was it just another fascist meathead?

Yeh your right it was me :lol:

By the way how did you go on with the audition for Celebrity FAT Club? :lol: