tft monitor

zenith10

You should also decide what you want it for. For instance if you play high powered games with swish graphics, then you want with a response time of 8ms or less. This puts the cost up. Then there's the contrast ratio - 500:1, 750:1 or 1000:1, etc, etc.

You get a better quality picture if you get one with DVI connection too, assuming your PC has DVI video output.

Have a try searching for TFT monitor reviews.

Edited by Lid

i went to the preview day of my local auction today, they had 3, though i don't remember what size, but i think 14 or 15 inch. if you're just after cheap and cheerful, PM me with what your top bid would be and i'll see if i can get you a bargain. as lid says though, if you're after playing games on it, you'll need a swanky one :)

Unfortunately we've only just bought a 'modern' PC and don't play any decent games yet. But I did read a lot about monitors. Perhaps some-one else can help, but certainly the better games with fast and complex graphics benefit from a fast response time. This was not a problem with old CRT monitors, but LCD displays are slow to respond. If no-one replies by tomorrow, I'll have a search.

I do have a brand new DEll 17"TFT LCD for sale the specs are:-

Dell E173FP Flat Screen Monitor.

Specification

Screen type - TFT LCD

Screen dimensions Diagonal 17 inches (432.0 mm)

Horizontal 13.3 inches (337.9 mm)

Vertical 10.6 inches (270.3 mm)

Pixel pitch 0.264 x 0.264 mm

Viewing angle 120° (vertical) typical, 140° (horizontal) typical

Luminance output 250 cd/m2 typical

Contrast ratio 400 : 1 typical

LCD surface coating Hardness 3H, antiglare treatment

Backlight 4 CCFL type

Response time 16ms

make me a resonable offer, i paid £220

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

thanx lid i now understand tft's a bit more, ive spotted this http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...duct_uid=102442

on ebuyer. its sold as open box saying that the item may not always be complete. Accessories such as manuals, cables, and drivers may not ship with these products. would you buy an item like this?

for that price i might give it a go, you don't need a manual, drivers (if you need them) are easy enough to get and you probably already have the right lead

make sure to check the price for something similar from dabs though

and if you do buy from dabs, use eltons link so he gets a cut :)