Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite

dickandjill

Hi

I use a 10ft rod for my shore spinning but have just aquired a Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite 7ft spinning rod c/w18-50g.I will be using it to spin from a boat for mackerel etc.Can anyone recommend a reel to match with this rod?

Also how would this rod cope if I were to catch a reasonable bass or pollack on it(Its supposed to be unbreakable!)

Thanks

Hi

I use a 10ft rod for my shore spinning but have just aquired a Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite 7ft spinning rod c/w18-50g.I will be using it to spin from a boat for mackerel etc.Can anyone recommend a reel to match with this rod?

Also how would this rod cope if I were to catch a reasonable bass or pollack on it(Its supposed to be unbreakable!)

Thanks

:clap2: I'm sure it won't break, even with a monster bass. I'd use a fixed spool reel with a tapered spool and a rear drag, preferably one meant for saltwater fishing or you may have corrosion problems later.

10-15LB line, braid or mono, your choice and a swivel in the line somewhere. Happy fishing. :clap:

Guest @Winter@

Probably are unbreakable but they dont half bend. Good rod if you like a bit of sport on a bendy rod. Has a through action and will bend right into the butt.

I'm a great fan of the Ugly Stik rods. I use old 15lb class ones for general boat fishing. I have a lite spinning rod that I use with a small Abu baitcaster filled with 8lb line that I use for drifting for bass, and a little 7ft ultra lite spinning rod that I use with a Mitchell fixed spool reel for most of my lure fishing. All of them are Ugly Stiks and provide excellent sport from whatever is available.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Thanks for your replies.I must admit I was a bit concerned that it might be a bit be bendy but as long as it won't break I will have some fun!

What size of fixed spool would be best.I use a 3550 size Daiwa Samurai on my 10ft spinning ros but it looks a bit large for the Ugly Stik.Would I be better of with a 2550 size reel or will the 3550 be ok?