Lower Itchen Fish-in Update

seph

For those of you going to the fish-in here are some details of directions to the fishery and what is happening. Firstly I will be stopping at Asda for breakfast in Eastleigh, it is ony 5 mins from J14 of the M3 and 10 mins from the fishery. The restaraunt opens at 8 o'clock, I will be there around 7.45 ish.

Get there before Budgie and Andrew otherwise there might not be anything left :D

Asda, Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3YJ.

Secondly, fishing is from 9 o'clock to dusk, there is a track that runs along the river so you can park at your pegs in most cases. I suggest we meet in the car park of the fishery at around 8.45. We have permission to fish the top of the fishery that is usually reserved for season ticket holders. However we cannot fish the Trout section which is clearly marked. I can bring a few maps if you would like, this shows where you can and can't fish.

Directions to the fishery are as follows:

Via M.27 - Junction 5

(If travelling from the West, or North via M.3)

Take Junction 5 off the M27. At the roundabout under the motorway follow the signs for Southampton (Eastleigh) Airport.

At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit towards Southampton Airport (Wide Lane - A.335) over the railway line to another roundabout by the entrance to the airport.

Take the 3rd exit.

Continue along this roadd to another roundabout.

Take the 1st exit into Mansbridge Road.

Continue along the road through a set of traffic lights, over the river, past the White Swan public house.

The entrance to Lower Itchen Fishery is over a bridge on the left immediately at the bottom of a hill.

Via M.27 - Junction 7

(If travelling from the East)

Take Junction 7.

At the roundabout under the motorway follow the signs for A.27 towards Southampton.

At the next roundabout take the 4th exit signed towards West End.

Continue along this road, across traffic lights.

At the roundabout by the Texaco garage, go straight over.

Go past Haskins Garden Centre on the left and down the hill.

The entrance to Lower Itchen Fishery is over a bridge on the right immediately at the bottom of a hill.

That just leaves me say, I hope yo have a good day and the weather is kind to us. See you all there.

Paul

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Seph, directions noted.

:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Booked up with the rest of the AN contingent in the Travelodge at Eastleigh for a couple of nights, so no rush to get back to Kent. So those of you who are interested we can meet up for a drink after we pack up, I believe the White Swan may be a good bet.

Jon

You can keep practising with the pin, but it will be much better when its attached to a Normark

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Booked up with the rest of the AN contingent in the Travelodge at Eastleigh for a couple of nights, so no rush to get back to Kent. So those of you who are interested we can meet up for a drink after we pack up, I believe the White Swan may be a good bet.

Jon

You can keep practising with the pin, but it will be much better when its attached to a Normark

Dunk and I are staying a second night so that we can go to the National Mullet Club AGM in Portsmouth on the Sunday

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

There are some good 2lb Grayling coming out and some high 1lbers. If you catch a fish keep going theres likely to be a pod of them there. The fish are putting the weight on until the end of the season.

Some nice Sea Trout and Brownies coming out with Chub and some very nice Pike if you can find them. Might be worth taking a Pike rod with you.

A lot of people fishing the tip for the Chub, seems to be working, need to be careful though not to deep hook the Grayling.

Expect maybe 2/3 Trout for every Grayling, all baits seeming to work well.

Have a good days fishing.

Bryan