Lower Itchen Fish-in Update

seph

See you in the morning, If I get away early enough I will try and find Asda`s if not see you at the fishery.

Have booked for Timsbury on the sunday but got a little lost finding it at last years fish in so if anyone can give me directions I would be gratefull, I am staying over at the hotel inn southampton west.( got seven pints of maggots for me and the wife for the two days? I tend to feed heavily so IF you are going to drown yours at the end of the day please think of me.(also taking paste,flake, meat, corn, loads of hemp and oh yeh :secret: worms ! Drive carefully :bigemo_harabe_net-165:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gerry,

Don't recall a Barbel being caught last year, although I think I hooked one in the fast water on caster.

As for worms, I have tried ringing the bailiff to ask him the situation on worms on both numbers I have for him and I cannot get an answer. I will try again later.

If you want to bring worms to use then I suggest you do as you may well be able to use them. If you cannot, which I will ask when I get there, you can always take them home.

See you tomorrow at Asda all those who are meeting for breakfast, otherwise see you at the fishery.

Paul

Are the fishery rules somewhere on here?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just spoke to the bailiff and he has said

NO WORMS AT ALL

Can you stick a row of maggots together and paint them worm-coloured?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Leon's already spilt all his maggots in Dunk's boot, apparently. I kid you not :D

Local weather girl says small band of rain / sleet tonight clearing by morning then partly cloudy till lunchtime and a sunny afternoon.

It will be cold though - only a few °C and a brisk NE wind which will cut through you like a knife!

Might make trotting rather interesting so it will be worth packing a few swimfeeders if huddling under a brolley is more your thing.

Looks like I can escape my bunker earlier than expected so I should be there late morning.

I took a look at the fishery a few weeks back and the track was slippy in places as were the parking spots, so take care if your heading up the top end as you don't want to end up in the 'car wash'. (interesting method of baiting up though?!)

Did we get a 'where we can and cannot fish' list posted anywhen?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Did we get a 'where we can and cannot fish' list posted anywhen?

This was on the old thread.

Anyway, we can fish the weir section, which is Hatch Pool and Cottage Pool, some big Chub do frequent here, so well worth a go for you chub hunters. Then we can fish all the way up to the start of the fly only section. This is signposted so do not fish at all in this section. Then we can fish the very top which is, Howards Run to the fishery boundary.

Paul

Gerry,

Don't recall a Barbel being caught last year, although I think I hooked one in the fast water on caster.

As for worms, I have tried ringing the bailiff to ask him the situation on worms on both numbers I have for him and I cannot get an answer. I will try again later.

If you want to bring worms to use then I suggest you do as you may well be able to use them. If you cannot, which I will ask when I get there, you can always take them home.

See you tomorrow at Asda all those who are meeting for breakfast, otherwise see you at the fishery.

Hi Seph, the barbel was caught last summer. It was reported in Southern Angler. Timsbury had a seven pounder too last year.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'