Lower Itchen Fish-in Update

seph

Guest Ferret1959

Well I've decided not to chance it. :(

£40 petrol, about a tenner on bait and to feel ill after the event ain't worth risking. :(

If anyone wants my slot give Seph a shout.

Hope you lot enjoy yerselves. :( :( :(;):D

Edited by Ferret1959

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ferret1959
Dammit! And I have to be working Saturday!

I would go Ferret, life is short mate.

With my problems life could be shorter if I went.:)

The cold weather really gives my neck and thoat problems. :(

Just be glad you aint going today - latest from Metcheck!

After a brief milder interlude yesterday across Northern England colder air is now spreading back across all parts of England and Wales. There is currently a band of moderate to heavy precipitation over Northern England stretching Southwestwards into Wales. This precipitation will fall increasingly as snow throughout the rest of Friday morning. Places above 200m especially could see a couple of centimetres before the end of the morning and most of the precipitation clears away to the West. Some drifting and blowing snow is possible in strong Easterly winds, especially over higher and more exposed areas.

Southern England and more especially places South of the M4 corridor, will see a return to wintry conditions later on today and into the overnight period. An area of sleet and snow is expected to push through the English Channel affecting far Southern Counties. Higher routes of Devon and Cornwall look especially at risk. Some accumulations are possible, again especially above 200m, but some snow is possible to low ground.

Moderate to strong and locally gale force Easterly winds will create a significant wind chill factor today across all parts of England and Wales especially. Wind chill values in the range of -5C to -10C are to be expected.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest Ferret1959

Well I looked out the window at 1/2 6 this morning and it was snow every where.

Now it's all gone, dry and sunny.

Ah well my minds made up, bugger. :(

Dave its never too late to change your mind.atleast on the itchin you can park your car nearby and get back in to warm yourself up.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Good luck everyone tomorrow. Maggots all hand selected, lined up and briefed about their job tomorrow, stove has a new cartridge in and the mulled wine kettle is cleaned and ready.

I'm going to try for a decent chub (again) with some salmon parr deadbaits that look just the right size. Seem to remember a decent barbel came out last year up by the top end carpark (so I'm told)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Yup all ready too.Going to try for the Chub as well.Will stick with the traditional mashed bread and flake though.

You were right Gerry last year no one caught one.It was pretty poor conditions then and it was mainly Grayling caught.

Did anyone get a definate about worms? not that it realy matters now as I havnt bothered to get any!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm getting so excited that I'm almost tempted to sort some tackle out and print a route :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE