fisheries near nottingham / midlands

wozzamozza

I have been out of the loop on the forum for a little while, but as I have received some great advice in the past and started quite a heated discussion about fishing in stocked lakes compared to wild trout on rivers, (which was unintentional) I new that this was the place to come. :thumbs:

I was planning to go up to fish Colwick lake in Nottingham at the end of February, until I realized that it was closed for the winter. Can anyone recommend an alternative lake, maybe a smaller fishery with scenic appeal that is not too far from Nottingham?

Any advice, tactics etc would be very appreciated.

Cheers wozzamozza

:D

Guest franticfisherman2

There is only one other entry in the Notts area in the TF Guide. It is for "Lakeside Fishery" near Retford Tel. 01777 818524. Sorry - don't know anything about it but good luck anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help although i've just had a look and it appears to be a course fishing mainly carp :( i've had a browse around and found a place called Willington Lake Trout Fishery, which looks very nice and is open all year.

i'll send a report in of how i get on.

if anyone has been there, i'd appreciate any tips :)

cheers wozzamozza

sorry for not replying to the thread earlier, but i couldn't remember the name of the fishery i used to fish when i lived in that neck of the woods, its press manor

check out http://www.pressmanorfishery.inuk.com/

it's not a bad place, nice quiet location, some decent fish, worth a visit