Challenging fishing near Redhill

singy

Can you guys help me fish some fishing near redhill that offers more of a challenge? Wild fish, Stream, river? Something other than the put and takes. Something with catch and release maybe where the fish have wised up a bit?

Though it's fun to catch fish at the heavily stocked venues there are only so many trout I can eat or give away.

Thanks in advance

Singy

Paul Singleton

I don't think you will get much in the way of river fishing-only for chub etc.There are a few trout in the Mole but not worth targeting.The Wey down Farnham area i belive holds a few more.

The Wey down Farnham area i belive holds a few more.

Certainly does.

There are a couple of stretches on the Farnham ticket that hold brownies. Absolute suckers on maggot or worm, very difficult on the fly. There's a lot of bankside vegetation which makes casting tricky and the water's very clear. It's possible though, and if you're up for a challenge you could do worse!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Is it the mole you fishing? if so I didnt know there where trout in there.

Not for Trout mate, Been fishing places like Coltsford mill.

Are there any venues offering a sporting ticket near by?

Paul Singleton

Singy.Halliford Mere(Shepperton) is catch and release £20 day.Hazlecopse at Rudgewick is take and catch and release.

There is also a fishery not far from Coltsford Mill called Posterngate.Now the place is hardly fished.Cracking lake,but the guy who owns/runs it just does not bother with it.Fished it last April and we caught some reasonable fish.I looked at the place in August and it was weed bank to bank,so gave it a miss.It is £15 two fish then catch and release-but and it is a but,could not be sure of the stocking policy.Catch and release also available at Frensham.

Singy.Halliford Mere(Shepperton) is catch and release £20 day.Hazlecopse at Rudgewick is take and catch and release.

There is also a fishery not far from Coltsford Mill called Posterngate.Now the place is hardly fished.Cracking lake,but the guy who owns/runs it just does not bother with it.Fished it last April and we caught some reasonable fish.I looked at the place in August and it was weed bank to bank,so gave it a miss.It is £15 two fish then catch and release-but and it is a but,could not be sure of the stocking policy.Catch and release also available at Frensham.

I though Posterngate was a bit small and the last time I was there, the weed level was beyond a joke. Frensham every time for me. Not exactly Redhill but definitely worth the extra mileage.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I think Postengate is a toilet , give it a swerve , the bloke will take your money when its so weeded up that you can't get a fly in clear water.

Coltsford Mill , has the cascades , will make you think and work at it , try it !

I did say :headhurt: that Posterngate has been left to go downhill.I still think the lake is a nice one,just a shame the guy does not keep it up to scratch.There certainly is a bad problem with the weed.However as i said,we did go last April and we did ok-not easy mind you,and the fish were in decent shape,however the weed had not got hold at that point.

Kingfisher down in Haslemere has been recomended to me-however at present it is closed :schmoll: ,but that is catch and release.

I fish it often all the fish in the 2LB brackett hard fighters . he was slow off the mark with the barley straw last year hence the bloom but a cracking little lake all the same.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!