Challenging fishing near Redhill

singy

I fish it often all the fish in the 2LB brackett hard fighters . he was slow off the mark with the barley straw last year hence the bloom but a cracking little lake all the same.

Five bellies-is this Posterngate you are talking about????,if so when did you last fish it please??

Frensham's a beautiful place, but very small. Any more than a couple of people there and it feels a bit crowded. Halliford Mere in Shepperton would be my choice - a nice size, never crowded, and fishes well to floaters with nymphs and dries. The guys who run it are great too.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think Postengate is a toilet , give it a swerve , the bloke will take your money when its so weeded up that you can't get a fly in clear water.

Coltsford Mill , has the cascades , will make you think and work at it , try it !

Been doing most of my fishing at Coltsford. Nice place and some good varied fishing. Just wish they did a sporting ticket. Recent stocking of blues have been great. Even in the coldest weather these things seem to be turbo charged

Paul Singleton

• 2 weeks later...
Been doing most of my fishing at Coltsford. Nice place and some good varied fishing. Just wish they did a sporting ticket. Recent stocking of blues have been great. Even in the coldest weather these things seem to be turbo charged

The Blues there are worth the visit alone , but the big Rainbows !!!! Always a double on the cards.

The Blues there are worth the visit alone , but the big Rainbows !!!! Always a double on the cards.

Well, I've had my wish for more challenging fishing. I now seem to be timing my visits as the place switches off, :) Christ it's been hard the last few times.

Paul Singleton

Well, I've had my wish for more challenging fishing. I now seem to be timing my visits as the place switches off, :) Christ it's been hard the last few times.

What are you doing wrong , the only time I blanked there (and I aint the worlds greatest fly fisherman) was when it was partially covered in ice !

What are you doing wrong , the only time I blanked there (and I aint the worlds greatest fly fisherman) was when it was partially covered in ice !

I actually had 3 fish the last time it was frozen over, from the top cascade which only had about 20ft of free water :) (even willow was frozen solid)

Don't know what's been going on. Only been doing short sessions. and looking at the book there's been plenty of blank returns. timed the last one after a shed load of rain, and a freak hailstorm. Water was the colour of mud and everyone was struggling. I think only 3 fish were returned all day, I had one and lost one. The time before that all the fish were localised infront of 2 members who had been give a days catch and release fishing. No-one could get near the fish. and I only had 3 hours of fishing. Was fun to see the members catching fish after fish (they must have had 20+ each) while the rest of the paying punters couldn't get near the fish. :angry:

Paul Singleton

I actually had 3 fish the last time it was frozen over, from the top cascade which only had about 20ft of free water :) (even willow was frozen solid)

Don't know what's been going on. Only been doing short sessions. and looking at the book there's been plenty of blank returns. timed the last one after a shed load of rain, and a freak hailstorm. Water was the colour of mud and everyone was struggling. I think only 3 fish were returned all day, I had one and lost one. The time before that all the fish were localised infront of 2 members who had been give a days catch and release fishing. No-one could get near the fish. and I only had 3 hours of fishing. Was fun to see the members catching fish after fish (they must have had 20+ each) while the rest of the paying punters couldn't get near the fish. :angry:

I note the problem you raised !

That brook that runs into the Willow pool pours brown sludge in after a spell of rain , trout don't like sediment in the water can easily put 'em off !

As for members bashing on catch and release hardy seems fair , but Sean who runs it seems easily pushed around if you ask me.