Wild life pictures.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Went for a walk this aftenoon, took the camera as normal and took this shot.

Didn't realise the symmetry until I got home and viewed what I'd taken.

Not altered it apart from resizing it.

Clones.

778259.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, that is incredible, and they look like they are sitting on glass, what an awesome photo.

This is one of the themes I was thinking of for the Photo Challenge, what do you think? I am really struggling to come up with something, well I had several ideas but HB thinks they are boring, most of them to do with animals because I love animals, esp wildlife, and esp wildlife from another country that I don't get to see in my own back yard. In fact, the only reason I was put off by this idea for a theme was that no-one else would pick it later and it means I would miss out on getting to post pics of some of the awesome wildlife we have here, like Koalas in my own back yard.

Cheers,

Tracy.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I am really struggling to come up with something, well I had several ideas but HB thinks they are boring, most of them to do with animals because I love animals, esp wildlife, and esp wildlife from another country that I don't get to see in my own back yard. Tracy.

Wildlife could be rather difficult for some of us who live in urban areas. BUT it's your choice Tracy! Your excellent picture won the competition so the next subject matter is yours. You pick wildlife then Newt owes me a trip to the zoo. Who would have ever thought the subject "Communication" would have inspired your picture? :thumbs:

Well thats the thing Jan, if I picked 'Wildlife' it would be 'In your own back yard', nothing in cages or zoos. And I realise that would be difficult for some people but any theme could be harder for some than others. Don't you ever see squirrels running around where you live, or any wildlife?

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Well thats the thing Jan, if I picked 'Wildlife' it would be 'In your own back yard', nothing in cages or zoos. And I realise that would be difficult for some people but any theme could be harder for some than others. Don't you ever see squirrels running around where you live, or any wildlife?

Does road kill count as wildlife? :o

Edited by Jan V

:clap2:

Well, maybe if it is still breathing, but just kind of stuck to the road! :yucky:

P.S. - When I was in Florida I saw a squirrel for the first time, it ran from the lawn half way up the trunk of a tree and posed for me, I got very close to it. The next day they were begging for food amongst the birds at a cafe in Disneyland, and I thought they were delightfull. But I saw a tv show where a lady rang the exterminator cause one lived in her roof, like it was a rat! So are squirrels commonly thought of as 'cute' or 'vermin' over there? We have possums that live in our rooves and we have to relocate them to the National Park. Bloody Hell, is rooves a word? That doesn't look right. I am not stoned!

Edited by TubularBelle

P.S. - When I was in Florida I saw a squirrel for the first time, it ran from the lawn half up the trunk of a tree and posed for me, I got very close to it. The next day they were begging for food amongst the birds at a cafe inDisneyland, and I thought they were delightfull. But I saw a show where a lady rang the exterminator cause one lived in her rook, like it was a rat. So are squirrels commonly thought of as 'cute' or 'vermin' over there? We have possums that live in our rooves and we have to relocate them to the National Park. Bloddy Hell, is rooves a word? That doesn't look right. I am not stoned!

I think the word is roofs - at least that what my spell check says. Squirrel are real common over here but haven't seen one in this area for a long time. They are anything but cute. They do their best to get at bird feeders and eat all the seed. Do see lots of little bunny rabbits when it's warmer. If it were warmer we could take the boat out to the lake and get pics of turtles. I'm sure if I went to the park I could find some form of critter.

Edited by Jan V

I'm sorry Jan but I still think they are adorable, don't tell me you have forgotten about this gorgeous little critter already. What is their crime? They get hungry? But then again, I like rats too.

FL-squirrel.jpg

I'm being a little sarcastic, I know they could be trouble makers in many ways.

Edited by TubularBelle

They are fun to hunt and good eating although it takes a bunch to make much of a meal. Best way if you are a good shot is to 'bark' them which means shoot into the branch just below their belly and let shock & the odd splinter or two kill them. No wasted meat that way.

The brains, especially, are wonderful when scrambled with eggs and topped with sharp cheese.

The skins are nice and soft if you have the patience to skin them.

In the woods they are useful. In the yard they are OK. In the attic, they are very loud and way past annoying.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm sure if I went to the park I could find some form of critter.

I plum forgot - I live with one!!!!! And I ain't talkin' about my cute little long-haired dachshund either.. :roll1: