Wild life pictures.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Finepix
Don't know why but the ADDREPLY function is not working for me, is anyone else having the same problem?

Anyway, this is now my FAVOURITE thread, those macro shots made me shiver when I looked at them. Don't tell me Julia that you actually get that close to them, I assumed you just zoomed in. Don't you ever worry about those things jumping on you?? Or don't you have jumping spiders over there?? Australia is notorious for things that jump and attack. Anyone see "Arachnophobia"? they were New Zealand spiders. Surely you have huntsmen and wolf spiders over there?! One thing I had not considered with my dreams of becoming a macro photographer, is that altho I love the macabre look of spiders, I do have a fear of them and doubt I could bring myself to get that close, esp if it is a spider that is protecting it's young or it's meal. They are absolutely splendid pics Julia, think the second one is my favourite.

You guys ALL rock!

:lol:

Yeah I had to get pretty close. Ok I wouldn't be too impressed if one jumped on me (and the big one with the fly nearly did!!) but they are such fascinating creatures, incredible to watch. I have a lot of respect for them - I cannot wait till the spring / summer.

Thanks for your kind words, and anyway your ok, look at your snail picks! You don't have to take pics of spiders, just depends what your into. Spiders are easy for me as we have so many different types in the garden, and they also won't kill me, unlike yours .............. :o

(Did you send the photo thingy? Haven't had an email ............. Thanks Tracy)

J

Ferret, I love the Mallard photo, the two males really do look like a mirror image.

TB, the Koala photos are fabulous, so they don't just live in zoos as I previously thought then.

Finepix, some excellent, but slightly gruesome, macro shots there. Since getting my DSLR & flogging my old prosumer camera (HP945) I've lost the ability to shoot macro shots until i buy a new macro lens, which is something I'm definitely on the look out for before spring.

Newt, thanks for the Squirrel recipes, but how could you. :yucky: Take a look at this cute little guy, taken a couple of months ago with my HP945.

Well done with the squirrel shot, I've tried so many times yet always fail :cry: Bloomin' things are just too fast for me.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kookaburra

Kookaburra.jpg

Prehistoric Wombat

DSC00708.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Finepix, marvellous shots, that second photo is enough to give you nightmares. The red eyes of the fly make the unfortunate creature a gruesome centerpiece, fantastic.

Rabster, love the Squirrel, that must have taken a bit of patience to get.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Rabster, love the Squirrel, that must have taken a bit of patience to get.

To be honest, No.

Me & the squirrel visit the same bird feeding station. I tend to go for the photographs & he goes for the peanuts. We seem to tolerate one another, especially when it's me supplying the peanuts. :D

A few comments re. pics added

Charlie, I love the Meerkats, I like the way they stand on guard & it makes them such good subjects. The macro shots are great, what lens did you use for them? I love the one on the lily?

Elton, so that's where that kidnapped penguin went <_< , plus great pics of your daughter & I love her gwengwen term. :lol: I'm on the next generation, so have such pleasures to look forward to with my granddaughter.

Russel F, I love both pics, but my fave is the Pike, damn shame it was hiding its tail. Were you fishing for pike that day? & if so did you blank whilst the guest in your swim was looking on? :fishing:

Edited by rabster

hi rabster

its a shame the tail is cut off,i fully admit it being an oppurtunist shot taken as i was realeaseing her,she went 13+ not that it matters,looks good tho dont she!

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

saw these chaps at the bottom of the garden a moment ago, terrible shot i know, but it was the closest i could get and camera shake on the end of the zoom was particularly bad today as i haven't had a drink yet :)

post-4104-1139152433_thumb.jpg