ANCHOR suggestions please

predator1

with my fishermans anchor i have at the moment which i am going to change for a bruce a little tip for you when tying the other end up incase of snag, i use a nomal bed sheet old one or the mrs will be at your throat. just tear a strip off about 2 inches wide and 3 inches long and tie it with that, the rest is ideal to wipe your hands on with all these 100s of fish about at the moment NOT!!! its perfect for using for breakaway -problems ie deending on your size of boat just increase the width. its always worked for me.AS FOR FISH there is loads of roker off herne bay at the moment in the boats and a few have been coming up off the shore at reculver.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use medium sized cable ties to trip my anchor.

i use a 10kg bruce copy with 10 metres of 8mm chain, a bit overkill for a 15 foot boat but in 530 feet of water anchoring into loose silt it bites every time.

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

i am currently using 2 ties and have no problems, but change them every couple of trips (no pun intended)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have got my bruce now just got to wait to try it i bought a 5kg 1 in the end off of ebay its a copy but what the heck i dont care it only cost me £25 plus £9 postage plus i now have 20 ft of 8mm chain before i only had 6ft why pay £157 for an original bruce thanks for all your help

have my old fishermans anchor foe sale if any one wants to make me an offer even gave it a coat of red oxide

Toerag:

Toerag:

a bit overkill for a 15 foot boat but in 530 feet of water anchoring into loose silt it bites every time.

530ft!! What do you use to haul that lot in?
toerag,

i use a big bouy and alderney ring.

i also use my oldest son or any other poor unfortunate soul who is on the side of the boat without a steering wheel to pull in 700 feet of rope and coil it in the bin :D

i have to admit to losing patience with them on occasion and pulling the last 50 or so feet in myself if they complain too much about tired arms :rolleyes:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif