Pictures from the Hubble Telescope

TubularBelle

Oh My God! Just had a look at his slide show which took 20 minutes, not 13 minutes as it says, my pc must be slow, but what incredible artwork. And what a lucky child who gets a mural in her room like that, is that his own daughter? or girlfriends daughter? 3,900 pounds, that's around $10,000 Aus I imagine but I'm sure it is well worth it. What a talented guy, and he's only been doing it for 10 years, thanks so much for sharing that with us. Can't wait to show it to my brother.

Cheers.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Oh My God! Just had a look at his slide show which took 20 minutes, not 13 minutes as it says, my pc must be slow, but what incredible artwork. And what a lucky child who gets a mural in her room like that, is that his own daughter? or girlfriends daughter? 3,900 pounds, that's around $10,000 Aus I imagine but I'm sure it is well worth it. What a talented guy, and he's only been doing it for 10 years, thanks so much for sharing that with us. Can't wait to show it to my brother.

Cheers.

He's a lovely quiet guy who for years only painted for friends/pleasure. He's finally making a real success of his talent, largely through the web site and word of mouth. He hasn't got any children of his own, but he's painted walls for local hospitals and the founders of Friends Reunited (assume you have this in Oz).

I'm in this picture, one of Neils early works.

Pagan Party

It is possible to make it if you are patient and work at it. Hope your brother get there too.

Chris

Are you the guy holding the pipe?

At the moment my brother takes too long to paint a picture for it to be worth him selling it. I offered him $500 a painting for those nebulae paintings when he got sick of them and moved on to the next phase, like he is doing now, but he said each one took about 3 months to do and they wouldn't be worth selling for under $2,000 each and of course no-one is going to pay that. So until he gets faster at it or develops those time saving skills or little tricks that help an artist create a work of art in the least amount of time, he probably wouldn't sell even if people were banging down his door. But he is definitely at that point where he wants his work to be seen and appreciated, he talks about showings rather than sales.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

$2000 is not a lot of money really and who says no one will pay it.

I read a piece of advice recently about selling Photographs that went along the lines of "Sell them for what they are worth to you"

Some of those are quite large pieces and would make a good show in a big office or something similar, maybe a website with them advertised as for sale is the way to go, if no one buys your brother gets to keep them. Or maybe there is an exhibition he could show them in?

"Nothing ventured - nothing gained"

Steve.:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

$2000 AUD = £848 GBP, roughly.

We have folks on here who pay more than that for a fishing pole.

Peggy Burke has customers who pay over £500 for her nicer paperweights.

He absolutely should not let what he sees as a HIGH price or a worry that no one will buy stop him from giving it a try if he wants to sell them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Are you the guy holding the pipe?

At the moment my brother takes too long to paint a picture for it to be worth him selling it. I offered him $500 a painting for those nebulae paintings when he got sick of them and moved on to the next phase, like he is doing now, but he said each one took about 3 months to do and they wouldn't be worth selling for under $2,000 each and of course no-one is going to pay that. So until he gets faster at it or develops those time saving skills or little tricks that help an artist create a work of art in the least amount of time, he probably wouldn't sell even if people were banging down his door. But he is definitely at that point where he wants his work to be seen and appreciated, he talks about showings rather than sales.

No. I'm the one in the pink top on the far left. My wife is next to me with black "bunchies".

I agree with Steve & Newt, however if he's not ready to sell.........

Why not set up a website if he wants people to see the pictures. NB. just a thought, but he could always offer high quality prints if he doesn't want to sell the pictures.

As I said, they hang in his house and I'm not sure he'd be ready to sell until he had got sick of them and moved on to the next theme. But it would be a shame to spilt up the set, he has already given my favourite one to my sister which I didn't get a photo of. I have always imagined them either hanging in my home or in a big office building or restaurant. He doesn't even own a pc, and he sure could use the money, he lives in the country and only comes into town on the weekends to drive taxis. Will definitely talk to him about helping him set up a website though, will have to take better photos of them. Cheers.