My PB Carp

FisherManDan50

Hi, I'm new to the Forum I'm 14 Years old I don't fish much but that is going to change so this week was Activity Week at my School, And there was 18 People who Picked Fishing including me, We went to 3 different Lakes, Shallowbrook, Blickling, Roughton, I caught my Biggest Caro I have ever caught at Shalowbrook after I out my Float in with 3 Red Maggots in for 10 Mins when we got there and caught this, Have a Guess how many Pounds the Carp was.

IMG_20140623_094217_zpsfoupilai.jpg

IMG_20140623_094243_zpsunnozepx.jpg

And I caught my First 2 Bream at Roughton they were small but my first never the less.

IMG_20140625_1248223_zpsigqjzllr.jpg

IMG_20140625_124813_zps52sdutli.jpg

Also have a guess at how many Pounds my Carp was.

• Like 1

Congrats on a PB carp mate and welcome to the forum. Carp looks to be between 8lb to 10lb nice catch.

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

your first of any species is always special! and that's a nice carp! you know what...the weight doesn't matter so im not gonna guess! what matters is its your PB and your proud of it! that's going to keep your interest in fishing alive throughout your years!!

Congratulations Dan, nice fish. Sorry, I'm not going to guess the weight, carp aren't my thing.

I am interested in the bream in your photos though. I don't know if it's just me, but it has the look a silver bream. I've not caught enough to make a proper identification, maybe someone more used to them can. Dave, Mark, anybody?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Congratulations Dan, bet you were pleased with that :) I'd say it looks about 10lb give or take a pound or two, it's always hard guessing from photos.

The bream do look like silver bream don't they (great big eye) but I'd say it's more likely they're a bronze bream x something(!) hybrid - the colouration doesn't look right for a true silver bream and the fins look a bit too 'exotic'. I'm no expert, though.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Congratulations Dan, bet you were pleased with that :) I'd say it looks about 10lb give or take a pound or two, it's always hard guessing from photos.

The bream do look like silver bream don't they (great big eye) but I'd say it's more likely they're a bronze bream x something(!) hybrid - the colouration doesn't look right for a true silver bream and the fins look a bit too 'exotic'. I'm no expert, though.

from the photo in the net i would have said 6-7lb but in the pic holding it id say more like 10lb

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Lifted from Wikipedia -

"Small silver bream are very similar in overall appearance to the immature 'common', or 'bronze' bream, Abramis brama, but can be distinguished by the larger scales. Counting the scale rows from the front of the dorsal fin to the lateral line and including the lateral line scale, is the most reliable first step in determining the species. Bronze bream have 13 scales or more, Silver bream 9-11. The Lateral line scale count for silver bream is 44-49, whilst for bronze bream it is 49 and above, and more usually well above 50"

​going by that I make it a bronze bream, there are definitely more than 11 rows of scales from Dorsal to lateral line

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Nice carp. Since I started carp fishing a few weeks ago, my bext so far was last week, 3.5kg, about 7 1/2 lb.

I lost a couple though that felt bigger, but have now uprated my line and knotting technique. I need the extra power since I am fishing close to lilys, and thats the first place they bolt for.