Dont Ignore Whats Under Your Feet

J.K

Was having a play on the river today when a few cheeky Perch decided to muscle their way on to the patch. Little did they know the cover they where using were my legs lol.

• Like 2

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Superb just gotta love fishing by your feet video of the month ,not quite that close but using waders I have had Pike after Pike at a rods length off a slipway whilst up to the top of my chest waders and feeling some of them slam into my legs as they chased the Roach..adrenalin dump time

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Nice one jk, thanks for sharing :)

Lots of good fishing topics on the forum at the moment, it's great.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I remember one of the first days that I ever took my dad out lure fishing. He was set up with a Heddon Moss Boss and we walked into a peg and he was non to quiet, so I pointed down at a patch of weed and said "the fish are under your feet". The lure went out and was twitched back and when it got to the weed, everything exploded as an angry pike swiped at and missed the lure. Dad nearly has a heart attack.

Never underestimate how close in predators will lurk.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've mentioned before the time I nearly crapped myself when a big Severn pike came out head and shoulders to take a chub I was netting!

• Like 1

I've mentioned before the time I nearly crapped myself when a big Severn pike came out head and shoulders to take a chub I was netting!

similar happened to me fishing off a pontoon lure fishing. stopped my retrieve and left the lure dangling in the water with the rod under my armpit to light a ciggie when a 20+ pike came out from under the pontoon to have a look but never took :(

same place again float fishing feet hanging over the edge a behemoth of a carp (well into its twenties possibly approaching 30) swam by under my feet, dorsal millimeters under the surface.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

This is the best of the perch that I caught from the middle Severn on Wednesday. It came from a shady spot right under the bank and hit a size four Mepps. Unfortunately, the shot is rather blurry. I'm guessing that I splashed water on the lens.

post-558-0-16638000-1403968946_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Glad you guys have enjoyed it :)

I like to think I can look back at these videos with fond memories and maybe catch a few "odd" goings on lol.

I have a real soft spot for Perch. They can be hard to catch at times on lures, but when they are in a "pack" and hunting they seem to hammer any moving target lol. I hope to upload more videos over the coming season now I have got the hang of using the GoPro. May try and mount a little higher on the chest next time though.

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Just noticed your location J.K. If you don't mind small fish, there are loads of perch to be had from the canal pounds between College Road and Perry Park. It always fishes best in the winter though when it becomes gin clear and the perch will happily respond to UL lure tactics right up to the point where the water goes hard.

There are bigger ones to be had (as well as large pike) in the longer pounds above and below that point but I used to swap the UL rod for a sideplaner to explore those sections because a double figure pike on a rod like a knitting needle is pushing the bounds of sportsmanship to the limit.

There were a couple of park pools that also used to produce some decent predators but no doubt they've all been poached clean by know.