Posting photos

Cameraman

Hi, I'm newish to computors and they really baffle me. When posting a photo I seem to have to reduce it down to almost nothing to upload and then when viewing, the quality seems much less, compared to some exellent quality, and size on the same pages.

My question:- How do I upload a larger image, whilst staying in the 500 x 700 and 150 kb limit. See my entry on page 2 of the photo challenge, and you'll see what i mean.

Thanks

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Have a look at this topic Cameraman..http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58897 second post is "Photo Hosting Sites" which gives you a few options, the simplest to use is "Photobucket"

Your using the forum softwares attachment feature whilst the majority will be using one of the photo hosting sites. Take your time with photobucket and you'll find it will give you all the info you need.

Best viewable picture size in my opinion is 700 pixels down the longest side with a filesize of no larger than 150kbs..this leaves your shot a nice size to view and is not too large for thos members who are still on dialup..

Steve

(BTW, I've just deleted a few pics from the photo challenge of yours, they are way outside the challenge times stated in the rules and as such have to be disqualified and removed. The thread will be closed for entries at midnight tonight and then will be open for other pics of the same subject, you can then post as many as you wish..Like I will be..I have quite a few extras also..:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Thanks for you quick reply, I'll have a look at photo bucket.

My entries were shot on 020206 is this not in the open period as stated?

The first photo as stated was not an entry, just to see if i could actually upload, as i know little about computors.

Edited by Cameraman

Ow bugger...sorry I messed up..please add them again.. :cry:

So you've resorted to dirty tricks to try & win the mousemat have you Steve? :nono::lol:

Cameraman, as Steve suggests, sign up with Photobucket for a freebie photo hosting gallery, it's very easy to use & ideal for linking photos to sites such as this.

Here's a link to their homepage:- Photobucket

Out of interest, has anyone filled up their 50mb of free photobucket webspace? I'm asking because I must be close to using mine up, but I'm not sure how to check how much I've used. When the day arrives I may do the decent thing & pay to upgrade to unlimited space - or alternatively sign up with a different username for another freebie 50 megs worth? :ph34r:

Thanks guys, I'll sign up and try again, take a peek later see if I'm successfull.

Regards

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/the...raman/steve.jpg

Just a quick trial...Not quite there yet...............

Edited by Cameraman

Just a quick trial...Not quite there yet...............

You need image tags instead of url tags, use the tree icon, two to the right of the link icon.

Neil.jpg

Hopefully cracked it this time.

Thanks guys, learning all the time, no holding me back now.

Edited by Cameraman

That is an excellent picture, I am assuming it was the out of date one because it would have make a perfect entry in the comp. What a shame.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!