Airflo MT 9'6" 7/8 Broken tip

Emmasdad

Steve,

The Sharpes Gordon is a great rod. I've caught plenty fish with it and into the wind I up the line to #8 and it handles it without effort. Bags of power. Looks good too, comes in a classy cordura tube and has the lifetime warranty.

If you can get your 9' 6" for the money you say from ebay just go for it.

Regards,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Well, phoned Airflo/fishtec up, spoke to a really helpful guy (for a Monday morning), and basically if I send a cheque for £20 (including P&P), they will send a replacement.

I thought this was reasonable, I will give it a go, but if it breaks again, I'll get a new rod.

Thanks for your comments.

Steve.

Well, i spoke too soon about good service, its been 3 weeks since i sent the cheque / 2 weeks since they cashed it.

Phoned last week and was told there were no tips available, but they would take a section of another rod and send it to be by the end of last week. Didn't arrive, this morning in the post is a letter from them saying that "due to an overwhelming demand we are temporarily out of stock, and we will fulfil the order within the next 21 days".

If they do that will be six weeks just for a rod tip, (they call this a "slight delay"), and what does "overwhelming demand" mean, does it mean there are alot of clumsy fishermen using airflo rods out there?.

I'll give them a ring later today to see what they have to say, i doubt i will get very far.

Steve.