Took this today

phil dean

Guest Finepix
What can you do to this one to try to improve it Finepix.

Took it this moring in the conseratory, bought the plant in Madiera 4 years ago and this is the first flower.

Only burst out this A.M so going to keep an eye on it and take some pics. as the days go by.

Dave

Hello 'Fisherman'

One thing you need to remember when actually taking the image is to get rid of all distractions.

You have a great flower / plant (?) here, but it's hard to see it all as there is another one directly behind it.

I'll have a play in a min after I've made a coffee :)

Fisherman, that would be a great subject for a Tryptych

"triptych - A painting or carving that has three side-by-side parts, panels, or canvases. Typically, a triptych has three hinged panels, the two outer panels designed so that they can be folded in towards the central one."

If it grew straight..or could be photographed that way..

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Fisherman, that would be a great subject for a Tryptych

"triptych - A painting or carving that has three side-by-side parts, panels, or canvases. Typically, a triptych has three hinged panels, the two outer panels designed so that they can be folded in towards the central one."

If it grew straight..or could be photographed that way..

Steve

You lost me on that bugger Steve.

The plant, a Bird of Paradise, Strelizia I think does grow straight and the stem is as thick as some good bamboo.

Would you like to see a pic of the whole plant excluding the pot?

Dave

Had a bit of a tinker this afternoon and ended up with this.

Bird of Paradise

Bird-of-Paradise1-Feb5-2006.jpg

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

A tryptych would be three images side by side, either in the same frame or in three seperate frames, with your flower you would take one photo from the front which would be in the middle then the left and right frame would be photo's of the lefy and right side of the flower..

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet