i miss coarse fishing

phil dean

If your missing it give me a bell and we can sort something out.......

don't alan, I've now got a baby on the way so will have even less time, the thought of having a few large chub or getting amongst the ribble barbel gets me in a spin, but I've even more reasons now to spend too much time at work.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offers always there Phil

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Phil even though I understand what you are saying about the lack of variety please let me offer you one peice of advice.

Ive lived and therefore fished not only all over the UK but also a lot abroad.Please take advantage of what you have on your doorstep at the moment.Ive spent thousands of pounds travelling back to places I used to live to fish waters that were on the door step but I either didnt fish enough or never got round to doing so!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Phil even though I understand what you are saying about the lack of variety please let me offer you one peice of advice.

Ive lived and therefore fished not only all over the UK but also a lot abroad.Please take advantage of what you have on your doorstep at the moment.Ive spent thousands of pounds travelling back to places I used to live to fish waters that were on the door step but I either didnt fish enough or never got round to doing so!

Phil

Having recently moved to Haltwhistle I know what you mean, I too am somewhat tied with work etc. so I make the most of nipping down to the Tyne to enjoy a couple of hours here and there when I can, however there are quite a few opportunities within about half an hour travel.

The Tyne around Ovingham is pretty good these days, Dace, Roach, Chub are quite common and reasonable catches can be expected. In addition there should soon be a course fishery at Hexham (part of the flood prevention scheme) and there are a number of stillwater fisheries around Carlisle that offer some very good coarse fishing, most are available on a day ticket basis.

PS Hope this works, its the first time I have done one of these forum things.

Phil

Having recently moved to Haltwhistle I know what you mean, I too am somewhat tied with work etc. so I make the most of nipping down to the Tyne to enjoy a couple of hours here and there when I can, however there are quite a few opportunities within about half an hour travel.

The Tyne around Ovingham is pretty good these days, Dace, Roach, Chub are quite common and reasonable catches can be expected. In addition there should soon be a course fishery at Hexham (part of the flood prevention scheme) and there are a number of stillwater fisheries around Carlisle that offer some very good coarse fishing, most are available on a day ticket basis.

PS Hope this works, its the first time I have done one of these forum things.

Hi andy, great to hear from you, once you've posted about 10 (i think) items, you'll be able to PM.

Have you joined the haltwhistle club? If so you should have me contact details i'd love to find out more.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

The Tyne around Ovingham is pretty good these days, Dace, Roach, Chub are quite common and reasonable catches can be expected. In addition there should soon be a course fishery at Hexham (part of the flood prevention scheme)

Interesting. Is that the Fed stretch at Ovingham you're talking about? And can you tell us any more about this coarse fishery at Hexham?

The Tyne at Hexham is fishing well with millions of Chublets, Dace, Gonks and even a few Perch (Tyne Tigers I call them) that fight like nothing else.

Really? I've got a 4 in 1 book but have never tried targeting coarse fish at Tyne Green. I've got bit of bait in the fridge though - perhaps I'll give it a go tomorrow?

I live about 10 miniutes walk from the new fishery at Hexham and it doesn't look very promising to me. It has a very Urban Fishery look to it with far too many wooden platforms and jetties, it looks terrible. And being on the back of a council estate it might have a problem with chavs.

Where and what is it? I've not heard anything about it.