Winter Carp! HELP!

jazzer

Hi there, i've only had two trips carping so i'm fairly new too this game of fishing. I'm thinking of going fishing for some carp in the next couple of weeks, is this wise? Or is carping just for the fishing season? Also if you do think its a good idea what kind of methods/baits are best too use in this harsh conditions? Anyone help would be great thanks :):):help:

Also read the replies to single hook baits in winter. :thumbs:

Edited by lilypad

hi

ive been fishing chilham on the mid kent fisheries and fished 8 or 9 24 to 48 hour sessins and blanked but this january i had a 15lb common, only small for that lake but had it on a single pineapple popup so you can catch in the winter

j.green

hi

ive been fishing chilham on the mid kent fisheries and fished 8 or 9 24 to 48 hour sessins and blanked but this january i had a 15lb common, only small for that lake but had it on a single pineapple popup so you can catch in the winter

So there is hope on catching Carp in the winter,nice one mate :thumbs:

i,ve been out twice this year 1 24 hour sess and a 48 hour sess. i blanked on the 24 hour but had 2 out on the 48 hour sess. 1 on pepperami on the method with vitalin and one on fusion boilie in a pva bag of pellets.

The baliff on our waters tells me he has seen very few people carping all winter.

Some of the pleasure and match anglers have caught or hooked carp on waggler, feeder or pole tactics using maggots.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!