Carp Rods

B1g-Dav3

I think its about time I update parts of my tackle and seeing as i am nearing away from general course fishing and heading towards carp fishing I wondered if any one could advise me of any good quality carp rods. I'm looking to set a budget of arond £80 per rod but if the rods are abit over but well worth the money it dosn't really matter.

Thanks in advance

What sort of waters are you planning on fishing? The more info you give like range, size of fish, snags, weed etc the better.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi

You won't go far wrong with 2 3/4 test curve Greys Prodigy's for around £90-£100 depending where and how many you buy.Tony's tackle at Eastbourne is all ways up for a deal on them and does mail order, and also they have a life time guarantee.

Trevor

Well i will be fishing no further than 100 yards, Carp upto 30lb, Large amounts of weed but will continue to use lead clips, Not that snaggy. Also just to be pickey i would prefer if the rod was either 11' or 3 sections.

Edited by B1g-Dav3

• 2 months later...
I think its about time I update parts of my tackle and seeing as i am nearing away from general course fishing and heading towards carp fishing I wondered if any one could advise me of any good quality carp rods. I'm looking to set a budget of arond £80 per rod but if the rods are abit over but well worth the money it dosn't really matter.

Thanks in advance

If you are on a budget check out Climax angling:

http://www.climaxtackle.com/nash/outlaw_rods.htm

These are the Nash outlaws, cheap and cheerful. Then save up for some Centurys (preferably made up by Nick Buss). As for the Greys, they are made in China I believe, hence the price etc..!!

If you want Quality with value look here:

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-bobbyboy/Rods.html

(look at bottom of page)

This is Bob Morris's web site (dunno if he is still trading !) If you call him you may get a discount for two rods. Also Bob is a ber'luddy good bloke and an excellent rod maker. I have a 11' Avon rod made by Bob and it is quality (even Mr Buss says so) But I dont think that he does much these days, hence, you may get a deal. Worth a phone call.

Best Fishes

Zaph'

--------------

http://www.tenchfishers.net

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

Just to throw a spanner in the works. Have a look at the Wychwood range, well built decent blanks and a good finish and available for about £45/50 apiece.

The Wychwood range is a very good choice and well worth a good look at

I would always give the Fox Warrior range a look.

They have a great reputation and are available in the usual variety of test curves.

Many say that they compare with rods from the £100 + range. They're the only rods I've ever used for carp fishing and rate them although can't compare them with any of the others being recommended.

Comus

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well these past couple of weeks, i've had me rods out again........a greys 7 foot stalker and a shimano hyperloop.

Bottom line is I hate catching fish on the hyperloop and the greys just brings a big grin to my face everytime I play a fish on it such is the beauty of the feel. You'd be surprised how far it'll lob a method feeder too for a little rod !

I wouldnt swap it for the world and might buy another one this summer and build meself a mini pod to take em :)

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Well these past couple of weeks, i've had me rods out again........a greys 7 foot stalker and a shimano hyperloop.

Bottom line is I hate catching fish on the hyperloop and the greys just brings a big grin to my face everytime I play a fish on it such is the beauty of the feel. You'd be surprised how far it'll lob a method feeder too for a little rod !

I wouldnt swap it for the world and might buy another one this summer and build meself a mini pod to take em :)

i agree the greys are the biz for the money, ive had mine for quite a while now

i have just bought a century armalite mk11 and what a rod that is, its a bit pricey but my god its in a class of its own.

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.