Dead Maggots

Bankside

I have dead maggots in my bait freezer and they only take up the same room as the live ones. Best way to freeze them is just to put them into your freezer in the maggot box and wait two days and then seperate those that have frozen together. Don't be surprised if after two days some or most are still alive as they're hardy little things that can and do come round after they warm up

Brian, I would check out the temp. of your freezer. Once the maggots are about -5 deg. C

ice crystals will form in the blood and they are definitely DEAD. Perhaps you have the Maggot Undead. They eat brains you know. :huh:

If your going to kill them yourself scold them in boiling water, theyll all be dead within minutes. Then you can keep them in a box, bag, fridge or freezer etc untill you need them.

I thought the usual drill was to slowly add hot (not boiling) liquid, as this kills them without making them go too elongated and stretchy?

Put them in a box with thirty or forty betalights.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.