Logging on and off.

Guest Ferret1959

It's probably a 'bug' in he forum software that won't be fixed by the supplier until a later release, assuming they know about it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
It's probably a 'bug' in he forum software that won't be fixed by the supplier until a later release, assuming they know about it.

But it's only started to happen to me over the last week??

Was fine before and stayed logged until I logged off which was never.

It startwed to happen when I asked Newt about coming online as invisible.

Once I logged as invisible the problems started.????????????

But it's only started to happen to me over the last week??

Was fine before and stayed logged until I logged off which was never.

It startwed to happen when I asked Newt about coming online as invisible.

Once I logged as invisible the problems started.????????????

It happens to me several times each day :(

Usually it says that there is an error, with a message about not knowing how to use a feature, then requires me to enter my Username and Password.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest Ferret1959
It happens to me several times each day :(

Usually it says that there is an error, with a message about not knowing how to use a feature, then requires me to enter my Username and Password.

Yip thats the one.

Be nice when a techy mod comes on and sorts it for us. ;)

Assuming that this is a tech glitch of some sort, I just clicked on the 'report' button so Si & Elton would be aware of the topic.

I certainly saw it but was clueless so didn't respond. Very likely that John S did as well.

But to make it official that a mod did see and was concerned, I did see the thread and am concerned - just clueless, as previously noted.

Errr - when you have a strange issue with software and want help, it is really nice to know what OS version and browser (including version) you are running.

Even if you have given that information in other threads, it is still very good to repeat it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Never happens to me but I'm using IE and not Firefox (too many problems with it) and XPP-SP2

BUT, when I am having squirrelly problems with AN, Newt always has me do the following:

START/RUN and type: IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS (there is a space in there)

Also has me make sure my browser temp files and history gets cleaned out.

Si is way more techie than I would ever dream to be so this may not be helpful at all.

I'm not a mod, but I care Ferrett!! :hug:

Edited by Jan V

I've started having the same problem as of this evening????

XP sp2, IE

I've started having the same problem as of this evening????

XPsp2, IE

it's gone really t*ts up now?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Hmmmm. I just tried logging on invisible and for the first time, I had the same issue of being logged off between posts.

I notice that *Ant* often logs on that way and Ferret mentioned it only started happening to him after he decdided to do stealth logon.

There has to be a software bug of some sort that maybe the software vendor has a fix for.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President