Logging on and off.

Guest Ferret1959

I log on as invisible most of the time and haven't had such a problem.

I'll see if it happens today, as although I'll be packing parcels most of the day, I should be able to check now and again.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed one setting today - "Reset member's log in key upon each log in?".

That shouldn't affect it, but it's the only setting changed recently.

I have never had this problem using IE, but we'll see how you get on today.

As for the little digs earlier in this thread, they really don't help. I hadn't read this thread as, frankly, I don't feel compelled to read every thread on this forum. At the moment, it causes me so much grief that I make a point of doing the exact opposite.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Two hours logged in with XP and IE 6.0.2 without a glitch.

The only time I used to get problems was with Zone Alarm Pro - ditched that a few weeks ago and life is just dandy. Well, being logged into forums is. Not so sure about life.

If anyone feels inclined to research the problem a bit more, to see if it's software related, IPB forums are here :- http://forums.invisionpower.com/

If you find anything, please let me know.

For the record I use XP Pro, SP2 and IE6. I am consistently logged off AN every time I close the browser window. This happens both at home and at work! If I'm ever at a loose end, I'll try and investigate it. All other forums I frequent work fine

Edited by Lid

I've just switched the PC off, taken the dog for an hour's walk, switched it back on, opened a browser and not needed to log in to be able to post.

I'm lost :(

Guest NickInTheNorth

Lid, when you login do you use the "fast login" (the text boxes displayed) to the righthand side at the top of the page?

Or do you click the text link "login"

If you click on the text link you'll see an option to "remember me" on the right of the page make sure that is ticked.

If you are doing that then I would suggest you carefully look at your cookie settings, may be worth checking that you have an anglersnet cookie when you have closed your browser?

Ferret - are you getting logged off during sessions, so one minute you using the site quite happily, the next you are logged out? If so what firewall are you using?

I have been logged into AnglersNet since the upgrade, and the only times I have been logged out have been when choosing to do so.

I'm using XP pro, SP2, FireFox, and Kerio Firewall

Guest NickInTheNorth

I have 7 cookies set by anglersnet:

forum_read

ipb-myass-div

login(number removed)

pass_hash

anonlogin

ubber(number removed)

member_id

You might like to compare that to what you have, should give some sort of clue as to where the problem may lie.

To the best of my knowledge I am not "Invisible" but I am logged out every time I change thread,just like all the other complainants.

I am running XPP withSP2 and Firefox1.5.0.1

Guest NickInTheNorth

how many of you guys that are having problems are running firewalls, and which ones are you running?

Also anyone going to look and see what / howmany cookies they got from the site?