Logging on and off.

Guest Ferret1959

Hmmmm. I just tried logging on invisible and for the first time, I had the same issue of being logged off between posts.

I notice that *Ant* often logs on that way and Ferret mentioned it only started happening to him after he decdided to do stealth logon.

There has to be a software bug of some sort that maybe the software vendor has a fix for.

As we discussed last night, I login invisible the majority of the time these days and have yet to get logged out when I don't want.

Seems there was un update/upgrade done the other morning - may be involved????

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I spoke too soon. A few minutes ago I was unable to do a Search or View New Posts. Had just sent a PM to someone. I was told I couldn't perform the requested function and that I must log in. I started a 2nd session and logged in so I could leave a post with screen prints of errors. However, while working on that I was logged out from that session and couldn't post the info because I was again logged out.

This appears to be getting worse. A virus on the server?

I can't stay logged in long enough to do anything now. I'll be lucky if this edit gets thru before I get logged out.

Edited by Jan V

Getting worse. Elton, something is seriously broken here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest NickInTheNorth
From my work experience, the only time I ever see people with problems using cookies is when they have software installed on their own computer:

1.) Firewall with cookie blocking software

2.) Google toolbar on browser of choice

3.) Norton/Symantec Security Suite

4.) Other unknown security-related software

A lot of companies' software will end up blocking MORE than needed, and allow the USER to identify what is SAFE if it IS blocked...although this is probably better to defend the internet users as a whole, users who aren't as computer literate to know just HOW to allow certain sites, or even know WHEN something's being blocked (even I get confused on this one at times, some software doesn't let you know when it blocks something)...I'm going on a tangent. Either way, the majority of the time, it's software related to the person's local computer -- most of the time.

From a post on the IPB forums, and pretty much my thoughts too. Cookie problems are almost always a problem of the client not the host computer.

I've now changed the board's cookie settings.

Can anyone having problems please use the 'clear all cookies' function and try logging in again to see if that helps.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Seems to have done the trick for me Elton. :thumbs:

Give it 30 seconds and see if it still works :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Improved things for me too Elton.

Just posted this (couldn't do that before) and now doing the edit which seems to be working.

Edited by Newt
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wish I understood these things.

Basically, I've changed the cookie domain from .anglersnet.co.uk/forums/ to .anglersnet.co.uk

Also, the 'Cookie Path' was blank, so I've set that to /

I hadn't actually changed any of them, so wonder if the 'upgrade' did.

Does any of that make sense to anyone else?

Also, I still have no idea why it affects some and not others. I tried to get booted off, but failed miserably :D