Logging on and off.

Guest Ferret1959

Just "tossed my cookies" as you told Newt to do and all is right with my forum world. Can do everything I couldn't do before. :yahoo:

Edited by Jan V

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just logged off and back on as invisible. Still here so I'd have to say that you found the cause.

It may be some sort of strange synergy thing with certain PC setups to explain why it was only a problem for some of us.

Anyway, great find on the cookie changes.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Let's hope it's sorted.

Big thanks to NickInTheNorth for putting in so much effort on this one, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Ferret1959
As for the little digs earlier in this thread, they really don't help.

Sorry darlin, just me being sarky, ya know I loves you and all the mods deeply. :) :)

Nick, it happens when I've logged in and gone off to look at other sites, come back and sometimes need to log back in.

Using ZA free edition but I have put AN on the accept list and it never asks for permission to open AN??

Hi there,

I am logged on 24 hours a day,only logged on once as invisable,i have never been logged off even when my system has gone done.When re-booted there i was logged on? :sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest Ferret1959
I've now changed the board's cookie settings.

Can anyone having problems please use the 'clear all cookies' function and try logging in again to see if that helps.

Dunno what ya done matey but it seems to have one the trick for me, beeb logged on since yesty and seem good.

Hope it wasn't a placebo. ;)

Lid, when you login do you use the "fast login" (the text boxes displayed) to the righthand side at the top of the page?

Or do you click the text link "login"

If you click on the text link you'll see an option to "remember me" on the right of the page make sure that is ticked.

If you are doing that then I would suggest you carefully look at your cookie settings, may be worth checking that you have an anglersnet cookie when you have closed your browser?

Nick - Thanks for the suggestions, but I have the remember me option set and my AN cookies are kept when I close the browser and also when I shut down. I get the same problem on my work PC too.

Edited by Lid