Privet Hawk Moth(s)

kirisute

this is a first for me in 41 years!

seen them before but never like this! :)

found these randy buggers sat in the middle of the road here at work! given another 10 minutes and they would have been savaged by kids, run over or generally destroyed in some other random way!

I picked them up and removed them to safety (I hope). figured me handling them was the lesser sin of leaving them in the road!

Photo03-07-2014080523_zpsb46e167a.jpg

Photo03-07-2014080437_zps1292cc7b.jpg

Photo03-07-2014080436_zps9bc69835.jpg

• Like 1

And here is what the result of that "affair" will bring..........

croppedcaterpiller.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I might have to show those photos to my wife - she has an absolute horror of moths!

My sister has been like that all her life, still is, a moth in her hair produces a blind panic like you wouldn't believe, Oh what fun I had as a kid, (she's five years older than me and fair game I always reckoned).

Animals and their sex lives are strange, I cant imagine being in the mood after being picked up and moved by something several hundred times larger than me.

I've been out chasing butterflies quite a bit recently;one day I was specifically looking for Silver Studded blues, I saw one fly past and land behind me on some Heather next to another SSB, by the time I turned around (about two seconds) they were at it, no intros, no foreplay, just doing it.

IMG_4596-c-r-f_zps8f1817f2.jpg

• Like 1

we could learn a lot from that! I bloody well hate all the faffing about us humans have to do to get any jiggy jiggy!

Id be happy changing colour once in awhile! pi$$ up a door post occasionally then just get on with it when something tasty wanders by! LOL

we could learn a lot from that! I bloody well hate all the faffing about us humans have to do to get any jiggy jiggy!

Id be happy changing colour once in awhile! pi$$ up a door post occasionally then just get on with it when something tasty wanders by! LOL

Be careful what you wish for. You might be reincarnated as a praying mantis. Apparently having your head lopped of just on the vinegar stroke is de rigour in the boudoir of the mantis. Male hyenas can have a real hard time finding the right approach angle

You don't want to know about clown fish ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote