10-15lb 49 strand wire

Anderoo

I posted on AN a few years back about Canadian and American anglers using Mason 80-120lb Fluorocarbon leaders for Pike and Muskie, some catching over 100 Pike a season without as much as a scratch on the leader. And was shot down in flames over it with some posters reasoning that Canadian and American fish didn’t have the dental work ours have. I also pointed out that I had caught Wahoo and Barracuda using hard 100-200lb Nylon and Fluorocarbon without any problems and was informed that pike have a much heavier set of dentistry; obviously they have never seen a Wahoo.

Anyway I digress; I am using 6lb and 12lb knot2kinky nickel titanium trace wire from AGM for dropshotting and fishing soft plastics. It knots nicely and i can set up Texas rigs using it without any problems. The only problem is actually catching a fish, it’s not the wire as Sue has caught plenty using an identical set up.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony, as a result of all this I've now seen pretty much every wire under the sun! If you haven't already, have a look at Sovereign Nova Silk 12lb. It's rather amazing stuff, it feels and acts more like braid than wire. Really soft and thin and easy to knot. I have some of the K2K and didn't like the stiffness and springiness for finesse fishing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo, where are you buying it from and do they do a 6lb version for my ultralight stuff?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

http://www.sovereignsuperbaits.co.uk/Accessories/Trace_Making/trace_making.html

They used to do a 6lb version but apprently it's too expensive to produce now. The 12lb is thin though, of all the wires I've bought recently it's definitely the best for the kind of thing we do. A decent runner up is the 13lb AFW Surfstrand Micro Supreme, which is just a touch less smooth and soft (get the uncoated brown version): http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-LB-7X7-AFW-SURFSTRAND-MICRO-SUPREME-49-STRAND-KNOTABLE-STAINLESS-STEEL-WIRE-/281196395378

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Oh and there's this, which I've only just found out about: http://www.thefriendlyfisherman.co.uk/section17061/product28495/FLEXONIT-DNA-49-STRAND-WIRE.html

I haven't bought any but it might be worth a look. Andy Lush mentioned it to me, it's what he uses when zander/perch fishing if pike are an issue.

Tony,

Why do you come clear to Texas to make your rigs?

You are correct about trace material. In fact, I had a protracted "discussion" with Andy. It is clear the facts are of no interest.

If you insist (or the venue insists) dental wire is worth considering in the tiny stuff. Do you have dentists in England?

Phone

PS: HUGELY expensive.

Phone

Tony,

Why do you come clear to Texas to make your rigs?

You are correct about trace material. In fact, I had a protracted "discussion" with Andy. It is clear the facts are of no interest.

If you insist (or the venue insists) dental wire is worth considering in the tiny stuff. Do you have dentists in England?

Phone

PS: HUGELY expensive.

Because my mate Paul Keith from Caddo Lake, showed me the way to do it Texas style :)

Edited by Tony U

Tony