Headtorch

Steve Burke

or you could try here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5841077859

excellent service and first class kit

:sun::sun: converted a ebay cheapy and well chuffed focusable 1 LED and 1 Krypton bulb headlamp spot on :sun::sun:

cheaper than maplins but only just not a bad buy though. :thumbs:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 11 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Great piece of kit, I've just bought one to keep in the car in case of break down etc. They also do a bigger one, 340/9914, with 4 white LED's and 2 red ones, £9.65 or close, which I'll keep as a spare in case my main light packs up. :clap:

With the bigfger one can you turn the red light on directly from "off"? Is the switch as easy to operate as the smaller model?

If so I might also do the same as you.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Maplins is cheaper by 2 quid when you add in the post and packing :)

not when your nearest maplins is over 100 miles away :blink: and delivered within 36 hrs

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Not bad for £50? you must be loaded!!!!!!!!!!! You could but a sea flyfishing rod and reel for that!

IMHO LEDs are all you need, If you like fishing in the dark perhaops more importantly not scaring the fish with bright lights then a red LED helps you keep your night vision (ie your pupils stay wide open) at the same time as letting you see a bit, its fine for baiting up but you might need white to tie a knot, at least with my eyes you do!

Dan

Me, loaded? I wish!! I have tried various lamps, but wanted a beam from a lightweight, longlife lamp, and the Myo XP is the one. I tried a couple from Ebay, all cheap chinese rubbish that won't last a season, and not even weatherproof!! I'm well happy with it. There are people who pay out over £250 to have a lighthouse strapped to their head, and a motorcycle battery in a rucksack on their back, all for a blinding 3 hours of light!! Good luck to them!!!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 11 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

:clap2: Great piece of kit, I've just bought one to keep in the car in case of break down etc. They also do a bigger one, 340/9914, with 4 white LED's and 2 red ones, £9.65 or close, which I'll keep as a spare in case my main light packs up. :clap:

With the bigfger one can you turn the red light on directly from "off"? Is the switch as easy to operate as the smaller model?

If so I might also do the same as you.

:clap2: I'll let you know when I've got into the packaging. :clap:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 12 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: I'll let you know when I've got into the packaging. :clap:

:clap2: The lights go through a cycle. Spotlight on, wide angle on, both on, red lights on, it's just a click for each light. Very light and tilts too. :clap:

Norm, many thanks for that - it tells me I bought the right one and will probably buy another as a spare whilst they're still available. I want to be able to switch the red light on without the white one coming on and ruining my dark adaption. Thanks again.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Norm, many thanks for that - it tells me I bought the right one and will probably buy another as a spare whilst they're still available. I want to be able to switch the red light on without the white one coming on and ruining my dark adaption. Thanks again.

:clap2: No problem, happy to help, as they say in ASDA. :clap2:

dammo i just got a petzl myo xp nearly new and im well impressed with it,really light and excellent beam ,havent fished with it yet but been out in the dark with it and seems great.itll save me taking me miners lamp when im only fishing a couple of hours dark.

how long do you get out of a set of batteries on it,and is it totally waterproof in heavy rain.