Looks as if the badger/bTB thing has taken a new turn.....at last!

Worms

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The Isle of Man was TB free for over fifty years, now there aren't any Badgers, Foxes, Snakes or Toads there. To eradicate TB all cattle that tested positive were simply culled. Any cattle that were to be imported into the I.o.M had to be tested for TB before a certificate of import was granted. The I.o.M. had a good trade exporting TB free stock to the UK.

Some ten years ago the Manx Government in their collective wisdom, dropped compulsory TB testing for imported bovines.. Now the I.o.M doesn't have milk quotas, so some UK farmers upped sticks and bought farms there bringing with them their TB infected dairy herds. Now the island is back to square one with cattle infected with TB.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember milk being delivered daily in bottles, I am. The farmer whom delivered our milk had impressed on the tin foil cap, TB Free.

Politicians they don't know their arse from their elbow.

• Like 1

Ssssshhhhhhh! Steve, some bloody politician will link milk bottles and bTB to blue tits and then it'll be a whole new cull!

• Like 2

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Sadly, I think most of us are sufficiently old farts to remember milk bottles!

I remember it being delivered by horse and cart; in London, not out in the sticks.

Horse, you don't know how lucky you were....we only had a badger!

• Like 2

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember milk being delivered daily in bottles, I am. The farmer whom delivered our milk had impressed on the tin foil cap, TB Free.

Politicians they don't know their arse from their elbow.

I remember both milk being delivered in bottles with foil caps and TB & Brucellosis accredited herds. Waiting for the vet to come and test the herd and waiting for the results were a very stressful time for dairy farmers in Scotland. I don't know abouit the rest ofd the UK

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Environment secretary;

head-in-sand.jpg

And plenty more MPs, mmmm Theresa May springs to the fore.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”