Where to buy a Crab / lobster pot or creel?

solent fisher

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure somebody from here got a collapsable one for £14 last year, delivery was quite cheap to. Maybe they will see this or do a search for it.

Here

http://www.interextrading.com/multi_cylinder.htm

Don't bother with the square type, the netting is too thin and they rip.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Guest sandpipper

Id buy one, i got one of the round one before and it just would not stop spinning in the tide, i filled with so much lead it broke.

Edited by sandpipper

After all the intrest in this maybe i should get out the needles and knit a few and earn a few bob to buy a bit more gear

I made one out of salvaged bits. Took me hours, caught two lobsters then some watery pedunkle nicked it. See below - oak floorboard slatted floor, hoops salvaged from broken pots, funnels ditto, netting and rope from my secret store of bits. Very easy, just fiddly!

post-958-1139955220_thumb.jpg

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Guest sandpipper
I made one out of salvaged bits. Took me hours, caught two lobsters then some watery pedunkle nicked it. See below - oak floorboard slatted floor, hoops salvaged from broken pots, funnels ditto, netting and rope from my secret store of bits. Very easy, just fiddly!

post-958-1139955220_thumb.jpg

im impressed i might have go at that cheers salar :)

I've just been looking at the new catalouge from YYS or Fladen as they now like to call themselves. In it are a range of pots, all plastic coated wire so no rust and no weights needed. Fine looking gear ,they just need a strop tying on and a marker and rope and away you go, hermits galore.