Are chest pains really serious or something?

Emz

Glad i seen this post..!!

I dont really tell many people, but ive had chest pains, and palpitations for the last few years (those who have been on the forum after hours may know about it ;) ) Your now starting to worry about it, and think about it more, and are having what i was described to as 'panick attacks' which will snowball your thoughts, and will make the syptoms more frequent, and worse, if you cant get ontop of them. Rest assured, there is almost certainly nothing wrong with you (or me, for that mjatter) but when it happens, its frightening, and its almost impossible to think that your actualy ok.

Ill send you a PM emz.

Tight Lines

Shaun

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS, when i first went to the doc's about it, they also sent me ato get an ECG, months later i might add! Everything came back normal, but despite this i still dont believe it when i get all the frightening symptoms. When the test came back as normal, thats when they started saying i was getting it due to stress, ad was having panick attacks.

What do doctors know??? :(

Tight Lines

Shaun

Emz, it's an ECG (Electrocardiagram), you will prob get the 12 lead one. Sorry to hear you have been having problems, hope you feel better soon

D

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Look forward to the pm :)

Erm, panic attacks? I wouldn't have thought that was it : / When I get these pains, they just come for no reason at all. I could just be relaxed typing away here and I'll just feel a stabbing pain in my heart :/ it certainly is a possibillity I suppose, I just wouldn't have thought so? Who knows. Lucky I've only got to wait till Thursday to my scan.

I have no idea what they do in this scan :S They don't stick needles in you or shove you down a tube or anything do they? :S :unsure:

Ahh right. Thanks David :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Emz,

Like i said, what do they know?? I never think about it, i could be working away, or even fishing with nothing but good things on my mind, and then outa knowere it happens! Once the docs found out that ECG was clear they told that I DO suffer from panick attacks, no ifs or buts, and sent me to the relevant people.

What Leon says about centre of the chest is really helpfull to me; i always get shooting pains right down the left, im guessing its something more to do with 'heartburn' stoch acid...

Its all so confusing, but bloody scary when it happens.

Look forward to the pm :)

Erm, panic attacks? I wouldn't have thought that was it : / When I get these pains, they just come for no reason at all. I could just be relaxed typing away here and I'll just feel a stabbing pain in my heart :/ it certainly is a possibillity I suppose, I just wouldn't have thought so? Who knows. Lucky I've only got to wait till Thursday to my scan.

I have no idea what they do in this scan :S They don't stick needles in you or shove you down a tube or anything do they? :S :unsure:

Ahh right. Thanks David :)

Tight Lines

Shaun

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/e...nations/ecg.htm

Just found out exactly what an ECG scan is.

How is an ECG performed?

• Up to 12 self-adhesive electrodes will be attached to select locations of the skin on the arms, legs and chest. Areas such as the chest where the electrodes will be placed may need to be shaved. First, the skin is cleaned. The test is completely painless and takes less than a minute to perform once the leads are in position. After the test, the electrodes are removed.
  • The doctor will review the paper print-out of the ECG.

Can't say I like the idea of that :unsure::o:unsure: but what's gotta be done has to be done I guess :unsure:

- Emz

Emz,

An ECG is fine they just stick/tape the leads all over you and it records your heart electrical activity - and it doesn't hurt a bit. It will however only tell you that your ticker is OK (which is obviously very good to know !) but it won't investigate your other body systems. I don't know how quick they turn these things around and whether they just write to your GP - but hey ask them and they'll tell you.

Hope it all goes well.

Rob.

P.S. You're lucky it aint an MRI scan - my girlfriend has been waiting for that since October :(

Edited by RobStubbs

Emz,

An ECG is fine they just stick/tape the leads all over you and it records your heart electrical activity - and it doesn't hurt a bit. It will however only tell you that your ticker is OK (which is obviously very good to know !) but it won't investigate your other body systems. I don't know how quick they turn these things around and whether they just write to your GP - but hey ask them and they'll tell you.

Hope it all goes well.

Rob.

P.S. You're lucky it aint an MRI scan - my girlfriend has been waiting for that since October :(

Ohh gee :( Sorry to hear that :(

Well the doc wrote a note and the appointment is already booked to have the scan for this thursday. Its only a small hospital and I don't live in a high populated area, maybe that's why I've got in so quick..

- Emz

I had exactly he pain you are describing at age 7, after 3 years of tests they decided I had 7 pyloric and 1 duodenal ulcers. Dont panic, the tests available then were limited, it was 40 years ago. They tried all sorts on me over the years including surgery. I read about an Australian doctor proved a bacteria lived in the stomach and caused ulcers. I basically picketed the surgery until the GP got so Pished off that he did his own research. A combination of antibiotics cured me in a fortnight, that was over 10 years ago. Never had the pain since.

Medicine has advanced so much over the years that you no longer need to grin and bear it. Make a fuss, mither your GP, ring his secretary at least weekly to keep your name at the top of the list. If you have had this for a couple of years and it suddenly gets worse with medication you can bet it is stomach related, whatever you take spends hours in there.

I don't want to alarm or distress you, the opposite in fact. Whatever you have there is a treatment available, you just need a doctor to prescribe it for you. Give them hell until you get to the botom of it and get appropriate treatment.