News of the World

Scotty T

so lets get this straight ,its ok for the press to publish full page pictures of Iraqi yobs stoning and burning personel carriers with our brave soldiers in ,fair enough

so its not exceptable to publish pictures of our brave troops beating up iraqi youths ? the odd bit of torture and iraqi's being humiliated

so where is this freedom of the press we fought world wars for ? what you want from the press is more like old fashioned propaganda ,is it some arnt grown up enough to take in that our side (a minority) is no better than the despot we are supposed to be freeing them from.

gentlemen please open your mind.

you must realise that our troops are in no more danger showing those pics they were in danger since they first stepped over the border in an illegal war.

if you want the media just to show "nice" things that make us look good and others bad then your playing straight into blairs 1984 nanny state progression :rolleyes:

tyou cant blame the paper for printing but you can blame the idiot that filmed it and the idiots that were in it ,without the latter idiots the filmaker would be doing holiday snaps and the media concentrating on something else

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tyou cant blame the paper for printing but you can blame the idiot that filmed it and the idiots that were in it ,without the latter idiots the filmaker would be doing holiday snaps and the media concentrating on something else

I agree about the idiots who filmed this mess, but the paper should have contacted the authorities before going to press as already stated by others headlines, headlines and headlines and screw everyone else.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

so lets get this straight ,its ok for the press to publish full page pictures of Iraqi yobs stoning and burning personel carriers with our brave soldiers in ,fair enough

so its not exceptable to publish pictures of our brave troops beating up iraqi youths ? the odd bit of torture and iraqi's being humiliated

so where is this freedom of the press we fought world wars for ? what you want from the press is more like old fashioned propaganda ,is it some arnt grown up enough to take in that our side (a minority) is no better than the despot we are supposed to be freeing them from.

gentlemen please open your mind.

you must realise that our troops are in no more danger showing those pics they were in danger since they first stepped over the border in an illegal war.

if you want the media just to show "nice" things that make us look good and others bad then your playing straight into blairs 1984 nanny state progression :rolleyes:

Chesters with freedom of speach comes responsibility! and yes I can blame the papers, but you may not agree!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

i agree with you disagreeing with me :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

so were both in agreement about disagreeing ,sorted :D

The choices that Mohammed Siddique Khan and his mates made on july 7th had nothing to do with our presence in Iraq. They may have used them as an excuse but I honestly believe that the UK was always a target, third only to theUS and Israel.

They have killed British soldiers, that surely makes the question of legality irrelevant now. We should stay and finish the job. Support and, yes, avenge our troops.

I've come into this late but I'll chip in!

One - most of us think we'd be patriotic enough to do military service, but if I was given the choice I'd (being honest) personally dodge it. Therefore anyone that is prepared to travel across the world, putting themselves in the line of fire (or worse) to do their duty ultimately has nothing but my respect (you can question the need for war, but you cannot blame a soldier for following orders).

Two - these guys are taken away from their families for long periods of time and many may have seen their comrades or even iraqi civiliians who have been victims of insurgent attacks/terrorism etc. Mentally their definition of right and wrong might differ to ours when we have only edited CNN clips to go by.

Three - groups of lads go out in the UK every Friday/Saturday and give regular beatings to people whether they deserve it or not (i.e. drink related violence). Putting a group of squaddies together, retaliating against a potential attack, with all the pressure they are under THEN you have to question whether they have commited a huge crime (in comparison). The irony is the binge drinkers get a warning and a £70 fine, and the squaddie gets 2yrs (it should be the other way around).

You cannot condone violence really, but unless you've been and experienced what they have (I haven't) I don't think we can condone their actions either. I personally don't agree with the entire war thing, and don't agree our lads should still be there, but the one thing they should have is the entire nations support AND that of the media whilst they are!

Ian W