The quadruple - Lure fishing

J.K

Had a great day yesturday manging to catch all 4 species on lures.

Usually its the Zander that play hard to get but for what ever reason they came up the river in force, catching 3 in 3 casts !!

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

All good fun but despite still never having caught a zander, we would regularly do 5 species on lures in a day and the record was 7 from the Severn.

UL lures really open up the species list.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

from my local river ( gala water ) a feeder river to the tweed , 1 day 2 years ago i managed to

catch 5 different species on a spinner

salmon , sea trout , brown trout , rainbow trout , grayling > ( rainbow trout was a fish farm escapee )

technically it was 6 species , i caught a minnow , hook in the mouth , but i think it was a fluke.

so 5 species for sure , maybe 6

NOT TOO BAD FOR A RIVER LESS THAN 25 MILES LONG

Edited by cannibalspinners

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Nice one JK, that's a great day.

Ken I'm interested to know what your 7 species were! (I did once have a 5lb bream on a 5" shad while jigging for zander at the Severn, hooked fairly in the mouth...!)

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks chaps :)

Could easily tempt a few more species but would require changing gear as too many pike to justify fishing without a wire trace. Have had pike here take lures as small as 1inch :(

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Nice one JK, that's a great day.

Ken I'm interested to know what your 7 species were! (I did once have a 5lb bream on a 5" shad while jigging for zander at the Severn, hooked fairly in the mouth...!)

The regulars are of course chub, pike, perch and brown trout. Salmon are available too. I've hooked and lost a couple of adults without ever landing one but we catch silver smolts on a fairly regular basis. Grayling will take small spinners but I've only had them from the Teme because they aren't present in the parts of the Severn that I fish. Gudgeon and roach can actually be targeted but only at very specific times and locations. Dace are an occasional catch and both me and a mate have hooked and lost one barbel apiece. We've also had escaped Rainbows - but not on the Severn. On Stillwaters, I've also caught bream and a single 29lb carp on lures.

As I recall, the record was chub, pike, perch, brown trout, salmon, gudgeon and roach.

We don't really fish the tiny spinners very much these days. Partly because a bigger size 2, 3 or even 4 Mepps will get more distance and attract the bigger chub and perch and partly because trout and salmon par tend to engulf the little size 0 and 1 lures which really doesn't do them any good.

If I decide to go out with the tiny lures now, I will replace the trebles with singles (there are suitable ones available from AGM) to give the salmon par a better chance of survival.

Edit: I forgot rudd. I've had rudd on spinners from of all places a weirpool on the Tame.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.