To Flying Tench

Bob Bradford

Nick , I am happy with my opening questions toward FT, but please feel free to start a new post in the manner you outlined.

Argyll, with respect ,yesterday I was asked about and posted my angling criteria for all to see, I cannot see a problem asking about FT's!

Anderoo, Why do you feel a deep hooked fish should be killed every time?

jimpo, "There are far to many [so called anglers] who try to keep the hobby to themselves secret waters baits tactics and denounce anybody else's attempts to join in this is why the anti's will always win because most peoples attitudes are stuff you im alright and the cliques and buddy clubs on many forums close ranks and shut down outside voices"

I was victim to that very thing yesterday on here, and judging by the amount of sympathetic and supportive Pm's I received throughout the course of the "Debate" there are a great deal more former posters on here that ,sadly, now refrain from posting and only "view" the proceedings for fear of the mob descending on them, that is not debate in my opinion, it is intimidation ,and those responsible should take a good long, hard look at themselves.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was victim to that very thing yesterday on here, and judging by the amount of sympathetic and supportive Pm's I received throughout the course of the "Debate" there are a great deal more former posters on here that ,sadly, now refrain from posting and only "view" the proceedings for fear of the mob descending on them, that is not debate in my opinion, it is intimidation ,and those responsible should take a good long, hard look at themselves.

Hi bob, I was involved in the beginning on that thread, I posted a number of comments, most of which, either you chose not to comment on, or they got buried in the general melee.

The "mob" reaction was only caused by(in your own words) your abrasive attitude towards FT. If you could have found it within yourself to be more constructive in your comments, then the whole thing might not have blown up in the first place.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hi bob, I was involved in the beginning on that thread, I posted a number of comments, most of which, either you chose not to comment on, or they got buried in the general melee.

The "mob" reaction was only caused by(in your own words) your abrasive attitude towards FT. If you could have found it within yourself to be more constructive in your comments, then the whole thing might not have blown up in the first place.

John

Quite so.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Anderoo, Why do you feel a deep hooked fish should be killed every time?

Wierd question - I don't! :wallbash:

I said:

'Poking around in a fish's stomach with a length of plastic is sometimes - not usually - too much. In these circumstances a swift knock to the head with something like a heavy bankstick is what I have done, and the fish kept and frozen for deadbait.'

I.e. sometimes fish die or at any rate won't survive unhooking.

'Last season I had a chub swallow a bait right down and the best thing there seemed to be to cut the line as close as possible, so that's what I did.'

I.e. it went back alive, as do 99.999 of all my fish.

It's these kind of inaccurate paraphrases that caused all the problems last time. (Round and round and round we go, where it will stop, nobody knows...!)

PS I think your strong feelings for fish welfare are well intended - I think if we were all sitting together and talking like real people we'd probably find we all pretty much agreed. B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

PS I think your strong feelings for fish welfare are well intended - I think if we were all sitting together and talking like real people we'd probably find we all pretty much agreed. B)

Possably <_< , but then again there may be a fist fight :lol:

Edited by tigger

I have not seen the thread you are talking about as we have had a few days away fishing, this problem happened to me yesterday,I got up early to do some fishing ,was on my own,I thought I saw my float go down but was not sure (being distracted by a large skein of geese flying overhead)but decided to strike anyway..it was a small perch and it had taken the hook well down,I tried to unhook it using my best small nurses forceps and my Slamo disgorger,I was mortified to find I could not get the hook out,I looked around and found I was still on my own..... no good going to wake Trev up as he is unable to unhook any fish he catches now!!!!

I decided to cut the line as close as possible to the hook and gently put the fish back ,I always use barbless hooks....what else could I have done ...apart from concentrate more......

Tin Hat and Flak jacket on ready.....

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I decided to cut the line as close as possible to the hook and gently put the fish back ,I always use barbless hooks....what else could I have done ...apart from concentrate more......

Tin Hat and Flak jacket on ready.....

Judith

According to Bob, you should have consulted a qualified coach!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

you did exactly the right thing judy, nothing more you could have done.

most people would say if you are specificly targetting perch, barbed hooks are what you should be using, but i'm guessing you were fishing for anything that was biting, so again, you didn't do anything wrong.

someone will no doubt disagree though, so if you do need a flak jacket, you know where i am :)

What about the wild boar problem?