Bob Bradford

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gozzer ,well now is his chance, I felt the same way, hence me raising this issue again, I am very interested in his side of things, afterall he was present that day, we were not!

Just for you Jeepster, have a little read of this, posted yesterday on another forum, I hope this makes you and one or two others think, although I already feel it is futile.

Hiya,

OK my 2p worth since I seem to have been involved in most of the goings on on the Sea forum

I agree with Nick and cranfield, it's sad to see the forums in the state that they are in. I stopped posting a while back due to the constant sniping from certain individuals. Nick persuaded me to post again at the new year and within a few posts I had the same idiots with the same comments... so I went back to lurking.

The problem now is there is a small group, who are now close to Elton that think they know everything there is to know about angling and no one else has or is allowed an opinion, I'm surprised with these ego's being as big as they are there is enough room for them on the forum and god help any one that proves them wrong

While these individuals are about and are given the preferential treatment that they have been in the past, Anglers Net will continue to go steadily downhill.. which is I think really sad

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

what is futile exactly?

PM me if you like to keep it out of here, and unless it's abusive and threatening like last time, i'll keep it just between us.

Gozzer ,well now is his chance, I felt the same way, hence me raising this issue again, I am very interested in his side of things, afterall he was present that day, we were not!

Just for you Jeepster, have a little read of this, posted yesterday on another forum, I hope this makes you and one or two others think, although I already feel it is futile.

Hiya,

OK my 2p worth since I seem to have been involved in most of the goings on on the Sea forum

I agree with Nick and cranfield, it's sad to see the forums in the state that they are in. I stopped posting a while back due to the constant sniping from certain individuals. Nick persuaded me to post again at the new year and within a few posts I had the same idiots with the same comments... so I went back to lurking.

The problem now is there is a small group, who are now close to Elton that think they know everything there is to know about angling and no one else has or is allowed an opinion, I'm surprised with these ego's being as big as they are there is enough room for them on the forum and god help any one that proves them wrong

While these individuals are about and are given the preferential treatment that they have been in the past, Anglers Net will continue to go steadily downhill.. which is I think really sad

Now then, I wonder who that could be :whistling: . If people want to cry off, leaving a trail of toys behind them, then thats there choice.

You can always post here http://www.ardgourangling.co.uk/forums/ind...hp?action=forum and have a good drip, which seems par for the course.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

In case it escaped you Davy R, I do like to drive home a valid point.

You have proven me correct yet again Jeepster, it is futile.

Bob, the problem yesterday, was the manner in which you chose to make your point.

It was IMO totally unnecessarily abusive to Flying Tench, evasive for long periods and the value of your 'advice' was dubious.

Trenchant and sincerely held views are fine when you support them reasonably. You didn't, and people reacted in a manner considerably more proportionate than you chose to do.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that if you choose to be inflammatory, you can't complain when people react negatively to it, and simply harping on about it in the same boorish fashion isn't going to change people's mind.

The sole original advice you offered in the thread was to tell people to contact a qualified coach.

I made the point that from personal experience, it is frequently neither practicable nor relevant (unless you're a match angler).

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine