To Flying Tench

Bob Bradford

I stated that Flying Tench does not know his arse from his elbow ..in angling terms... that is just everyday talk, you know the way people talk in real life? what the hell is wrong with a bit of old fashioned plain speaking? Am I in error? Flying Tench has been fishing for a considerable time and ONLY NOW asks how to deal with a deep hooked fish, that shows a certain level of incompetence to me and my suggestion of some proper angling tuition is a valid one, He is a grown man isn't he?

Thats a short list Jeepster.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest NickInTheNorth
I stated that Flying Tench does not know his arse from his elbow ..in angling terms... that is just everyday talk, you know the way people talk in real life? what the hell is wrong with a bit of old fashioned plain speaking? Am I in error? Flying Tench has been fishing for a considerable time and ONLY NOW asks how to deal with a deep hooked fish, that shows a certain level of incompetence to me and my suggestion of some proper angling tuition is a valid one, He is a grown man isn't he?

You also at least "strongly suggested" that you know the answers, so please don't be shy, enlighten us. If not then at least have the decency to apologise to the Flying Tench for the abuse you have hurled at him for his ignorance when you now seem to be admitting that you might not have all the answers either.

To the tune of "My Bonny Lies Over The Ocean"

The Lurkers support me in email

They all think I'm great don't you know.

You posters just don't understand me

But soon you will reap what you sow.

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see

off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.

The lurkers support me in email

"So why don't they post?" you all cry

They're scared of your hostile intentions

they're not as courageous as I.

One day I'll round up all my lurkers

we'll have a forum of our own

without all this flak from you morons

my lurkers will post round my throne.

And what about your "comment" then Davt R? was that unnecessarily rude?

I know the poster, and he certainly wasn't rude. In fact DavyR was attempting to justify the otherwise unacceptable tone of your attack on Flying Tench.

What your response legitimately asks, though, is were you as deliberately as offensive prior to being assaulted?

I maintain that it is beyond comprehension that someone should be assaulted in the way you were, and for having suffered god knows what as a result of the assault you have my total and utter sympathy. But DavyR, like others, was so amazed at the unnecessary ferocity of your attack on Flying Tench, that he and others were trying to find reasons to excuse it. I.E. giving you the benefit of the doubt.

You answered the point, reasonably, and therefore raise tacitly, the question of your need to be that gratuitously abusive. The two things are irredeemably associated, and therefore my comment is totally legitimate. I expect you see things differently, but hey! when was that ever any different?

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I held back yesterday but still flattened Wordbender (wheres my apology?)

Bob, you are truly deluded.

You received no apology from me because you didn't deserve one. You ran from my simple question until forced to admit you'd done exactly what you lambasted FT for. Your debating skills amount to rudeness, sweeping generalisation, unsupported conclusions, name-calling and nasty PMs.

Through your ignorance and bluster, you rightfully earned the condemnation of so many on here. That you not only continue to spout your, frankly embarrassing, nonsense, is sad enough to see. Compared to your tragic belief in your own superiority, though, it only proves what I said at the beginning of this post.

You, Bob, are totally deluded.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

What is that you don't know Nick? How to unhook a fish? how to catch a fish perhaps? I really do not understand what you want from me... are you of the belief I cannot fish properly? that I do not know how to handle my quarry? I tell you for one last time... if you wish to open a debate on another thread.. do so, post what you know about the subject of fish handling and care, do you know your local angling coach? I know mine! would you like his name and number? do you think I am too knowledgeable to seek his advice? are you?

Wordbender put simply ,you are not a man of your word, you offered an apology if I could prove that you were advocating throwing fish to the ground to kill them, I cut and pasted your words for all to see... and then you stated you were only relating something a vet had told you, but that WAS your advice to Flying Tench and you have no honour sir,

I am done with the likes of you. Now who is deluded?

Jeepster that list is not growing .

Well none apart from jeepster has given me any hints/tips ... re. the original problem mind you I am only a mere female ,however i'm not easily scared ... and freely admit to not being an expert at angling,but i do find it distressing if a fish takes the hook really deep God forbid i injured the fish what should i do with it ?

:sun: jeepster flak jacket!!!

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Well none apart from jeepster has given me any hints/tips ... re. the original problem mind you I am only a mere female ,however i'm not easily scared ... and freely admit to not being an expert at angling,but i do find it distressing if a fish takes the hook really deep God forbid i injured the fish what should i do with it ?

:sun: jeepster flak jacket!!!

judith

Judy, Jeepster gave you the same advice as we all would have done. I also added Bob's advice given to Flying Tench and us all, yesterday that anyone who felt the need to ask the question or act differently needs to seek the advice of an angling coach. You did absolutely nothing wrong.... apart from watch the skein of geese instead of the float!

Except he wasn't as polite as I've been! :lol::lol::lol:

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

this isn't getting any easier is it bob?

where do my angling credentials fit into all this? i've fished for about 25 years, caught some nice fish, not killed too many and generally try and have a good day out on the river. it doesn't need to go any deeper than that.

your fishing skills and concern for fish welfare are not what's in question here bob, it's your social skills and your method of getting your point across that has been the problem. for the record, i have no idea who you are, i know you match fish and i know you got a kicking last year, they are the only two things i know, so i have no axe to grind or point to prove.

the only thing this episode has proved is that you're a deeply unpleasant person who can't handle criticism, and expects to be able to call people bloody neandethals, fools, etc etc without reproach.

still waiting for an explanation of how exactly you laid me out by the way......