open question to Bob Bradford

Guest NickInTheNorth

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter that looks a useful piece of kit ,i have just thought of something at work it would be excellent for!!!!!

Davey 13m ...mm well I certainly could not hold one that long... let alone cast in !

judy

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest NickInTheNorth

Thanks Bob for finally giving some basic advice. That wasn't too difficult was it!

As to your mis-information about me, well don't know who you were talking to, but as there are very few folks on here that have ever fished with me then I don't know how they can be such experts on what I can and cannot do. I do however have a fair idea who may have told you these "facts", and they have never met me!!

No I have never been a top flight match angler, nor a top notch angler in any other branch of the sport. But I am a more than capable angler in most disciplines. I take fish and fishing very seriously, and do my very best at all times to treat my quarry with respect.

No I would not fish as described, but there are many that would! I am pleased that I wasn't too far off in my guesstimate as to some of the issues that might have been the cause of problems for the flying tench. If you read lots of the older angling books you would find plebty of advice that would lead you to think that overdepth and with bulk shot on or near the bottom was an ok way to fish with a large bait. Just about anything you care do as an angler can be found in print, no matter how wrong or right it may be. Not everyone has the benefit of an angling mentor, some people (children and adults) simply work it out for themselves. Most that stick to it eventually work out for themselves, with an odd pointer along the way that from a friendly face on the bank, or from books, TV, magazines etc what works and what doesn't.

What does not help anyone is to come on to forums like this and ask a question in all innocence only to get the tirade that the flying tench got from you. Had you given the quite resonable advice that you have given eventually, in your earlier post, then I guess that 3 threads (or is it more?) would not have been written on here and locked and deleted. Much bad feeling would have been avoided, and you would have come across as the nice caring guy I am sure you are. And done wonders for the reputation of top match anglers as being keen to help less experienced anglers.

Final point, you have made much reference to PM's from others throughout these threads, why not suggest to those individuals that if they have information to share about the issues or the personalities involved in matters debated in open forums that they have the decency and honesty to post there observations for all to see. That way we can all benefit from the pearls of wisdom.

I have just been reading through the thread and noticed Bobs reference to fishing overdepth as "bad angling practice". Does that mean that fishing ledger/feeder is bad practice also. I am sure that a master angler with the experience that he has can explain further!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

To simply say that fishing overdepth is 'bad practice' is far too much of a generalisation IMO. Take Stret Pegging and the Lift Method for instance.

Paul

I think he was trying to say that, how sensitive your set up is,can (in most cases)help to prevent deep hooking.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What does not help anyone is to come on to forums like this and ask a question in all innocence only to get the tirade that the flying tench got from you. Had you given the quite resonable advice that you have given eventually, in your earlier post, then I guess that 3 threads (or is it more?) would not have been written on here and locked and deleted. Much bad feeling would have been avoided, and you would have come across as the nice caring guy I am sure you are. And done wonders for the reputation of top match anglers as being keen to help less experienced anglers.

Final point, you have made much reference to PM's from others throughout these threads, why not suggest to those individuals that if they have information to share about the issues or the personalities involved in matters debated in open forums that they have the decency and honesty to post there observations for all to see. That way we can all benefit from the pearls of wisdom.

you mention the tirade against flying tench what about the same given back by many members if bob and tench had a prob it was up to them to sort it not everyonelse and their uncles sniping and snidy side threads

and as for your last point i did openly defend another members viewpoint this in this thread re back stabbing sniping and the"gang" mentallity not just on here but also on many other sites if you want a private site then make it invite only and police it in such a way that only one point of view is heard and allowed this is not a direct attack at you gozzer but at certaian peeps [you know who you are]this will now result in a ban??????

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com